Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My original Bold (9000) handled text messages like emails, each incoming and outgoing was a ... BlackBerry Bold forum

dtucker230 no está en línea Stack level 2

How to Change Appearance of SMS Text messages?

Advertisement

My original Bold (9000) handled text messages like emails, each incoming and outgoing was a separate message, and when I types a new outgoing I typed it on the full screen. The new 9700 groups all text messages to and from the same person in one long string. This is making me crazy!

Anybody know how to get it to handle text messages like the old Bold (and the Curve, and every other bb I have had) did?

Thanks!!!

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    There is no way to change it to the old way. Just one of the updates with the newer operating systems.

Thank you, I will stop trying and try to deal with it. :-(

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    A few users prefer the old way, but many(like me ) have been begging for the new threaded SMS for a long time. For users of older devices they could revert back to a pre-5.0 OS version and get the old way. I wonder if it's feasible for RIM to make this an option for users to choose which style SMS threaded or old school...
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

TonyaStarr no está en línea Stack level 1
    I love the way the SMS is on my 9700. It took me a little while to get use to it but now its second nature and I can't believe I was ever satisfied with the old way. Looks so instant messenger like. I wish there was a way to change it for you though.

vera no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24D593F4
    The one thing I find frustratong with the new 9700 sms format is that for some bizare reason it only show thenumber that the sms is comming from and not the name I have stored in my address book

mschoonie87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21940E4B
    I'm assuming that you imported your sim contacts to your blackberry. If you did not that would be the problem if you did then your message options setting for show name might be set to NO if that is thee case it would be in the general options setting of your message box.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I guess it's all preference. What I don't like about the new threaded sms is when you link your bbm contacts to their respective name in the address book, their sms messages show up in the bbm list as well as the sms list. And then when I close it so that it is not in my bbm list, it is gone from the sms list too. Annoying!

I know some of you are saying "Why would they sms you if they are on your bbm list?" and the answer is, if I'm on the phone and something is really important, they'll text.

PIN/ID
    21940E4B
    Wow people actually use bbm still. I haven't had a blackberry for the past year and I figured that bbm had been outdated by unlimited texting but I guess not. I think that to solve the initial problem separating your email box and your sms box might fix it.

Thanks to all. TonyaStarr's experience turns out to be mine too, I am getting used to it and can even see the benefit of not having to go searching through 100 different messages to find the one that contained a phone number or some other useful info.

PIN/ID
    21940E4B
    It is nice to be able to scroll through the whole conversation right in one message

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3
    i sometimes forget that I'm looking at a threaded SMS window and treat it like a bbm. So I'll send two or three separate messages at once and the user will think i'm crazy because I text'd them three times in a row.
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by nyydynasty View Post
    i sometimes forget that I'm looking at a threaded SMS window and treat it like a bbm. So I'll send two or three separate messages at once and the user will think i'm crazy because I text'd them three times in a row.
    Hahaha, people do that to me and I always wonder what they were thinking... Now I know

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by nyydynasty View Post
    This is why I turned off the 'Enter = Send' feature. I am too sued to hitting the Enter key to go to a new line.

liquinas no está en línea Stack level 1
    Damn, so dissapointing, I just got a 9630 just for SMS/MMS (had a pearl) and I get bitch slapped in the face with this new SMS system which I don't like at all.

I always thought blackberry was all about having that extra bit of costumization we should at least get a choice to turn off threading...

...Well at least the damn thing can FINALLY vibratre and ring at the same time. Maybe in another 5 years I'll be able to turn off threading.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast