Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Well, then you've got me, the little contrarian! Had Bold for a ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well, then you've got me, the little contrarian!
    Had Bold for a day and sold it. Didn't like flatter feel with sharper edges, build quality, battery life, and browser deficiencies, ie tiny script disapearing to the left.
    Love my Curve w/2600mAh, and am eagerly awaiting Javelin
    However, you good gentlemen continue to enjoy your awesome Bolds!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I belong to the "big hand" club too and the Bold is just fantastic. Where once I was focused on the 8900, that desire has passed now that I have a great Bold that does everything it's supposed to do.

Cheers...
    LOL! We know you all too well, Archer! Once that 8900 hits the shelves in your local AT&T store you won't be able to restrain yourself!

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    I will try it when my coworker gets it, but the Bold is for Me, totally sold, I have these big hands and the Bold just fits well, plus everything else about it. I mean once you go 3G that EDGE just don't cut it anymore. The Bold is a Keeper!
    Unless you are emailing/txting at the same time as talking on the phone, 3G is waaayyyy over-rated.

The 8900 on Edge surfs just as fast as the Bold on 3G. Since I spend most of my time away from major centres, my Bold is on GPRS most of the time. The 8900, so far, hasn't dropped from a full edge connect no matter where I am.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl71 View Post
    finally working ! congrats archer
    Thanks darryl71 !

Yes, what an incredible relief. And now I REALLY appreciate it...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Ill tell you something from having played with all the next gen Blackberrys.
    If you like the Bold dont waste time on the Javelin youll go back to your Bold.
    If you dont like the size and feel of the Bold jump on the Javelin train.
    Thats all it comes down to honestly.
    That and the 3.2mp camera.
    Ive used both intensively and I personally like the look and feel of the Javelin better but again its all about look and feel thats the main difference.

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I think the Bold is what I would stick with. I like the larger form factor, faux leather backing, and faster processor. The 8900 is slick but, I'll sacrifice 3.2mpx cam and a slightly better display for 3G and a nicer and larger package.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I swear the only thing keeping me from jumping on the Jav is the keyboard...or should I say the Bold's keyboard. I was perfectly happuy with my Curve when I had it but I was so much more at home with the Bold as soon as I picked it up. I have next to no typos with the Bold ontop of being able to type faster, no chance in hell I'm giving up my Bold beauty until a next gen version comes down the pipe with the same dimmensions/keyboard.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Where once I had a lazer like focus on the Curve 8900, I no longer have any interest in it whatsoever. Period. A shocking statement I would have never thought would come from me.

Now having experienced what a proper Bold is all about. One that is built right, functions as advertised, and includes the quality touches that are expected of a top of the line BlackBerry, I'm quite satisfied thank you.

This Bold, is locked onto 3G like it's the only network available. The tactile feedback and perfect travel of the each keystroke, make using the keyboard the finest experience I've ever had on any smartphone. The exquisite display is beyond compare. Color depth, saturation, and balance are amazing. The way it displays some of my better photos is simply amazing.

Although it's just 6mm wider than a Curve, that extra space makes this one very comfortable BlackBerry to hold for long periods of email handling, or other tasks that one might use their Bold for. Now that I've been able to just use it and enjoy it, the size has become the "new standard" for me. Anything smaller than this would simply be a compromise I'm unwilling to make.

At the end of the day, I've found the BlackBerry that I've always wanted. It does everything I need, plus much more. This will be a fun filled smartphone to use for quite some time.

Cheers

naturefreak85 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'll check it out since I do work for AT&T but I'll probably stick with the BOLD. I prefer the 3G

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Where once I had a lazer like focus on the Curve 8900, I no longer have any interest in it whatsoever. Period. A shocking statement I would have never thought would come from me.

Now having experienced what a proper Bold is all about. One that is built right, functions as advertised, and includes the quality touches that are expected of a top of the line BlackBerry, I'm quite satisfied thank you.

This Bold, is locked onto 3G like it's the only network available. The tactile feedback and perfect travel of the each keystroke, make using the keyboard the finest experience I've ever had on any smartphone. The exquisite display is beyond compare. Color depth, saturation, and balance are amazing. The way it displays some of my better photos is simply amazing.

Although it's just 6mm wider than a Curve, that extra space makes this one very comfortable BlackBerry to hold for long periods of email handling, or other tasks that one might use their Bold for. Now that I've been able to just use it and enjoy it, the size has become the "new standard" for me. Anything smaller than this would simply be a compromise I'm unwilling to make.

At the end of the day, I've found the BlackBerry that I've always wanted. It does everything I need, plus much more. This will be a fun filled smartphone to use for quite some time.

Cheers
    Once again archer, you and I are on EXACTLY the same page...I couldn't have said it better. I was so pumped for both the Storm and the Jav but noow I honestly couldn't care less about either.

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E

I used it 4 months ago while it was going through trials, I'm not a big fan of it, I find the bold a little nicey
    8900 is good, but the bold still has a place in my heart lol

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    totally agree with both of you Archer and Cornelious !

Its all bold for me

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    We need to start converting the rest of or bretheren...one victory at a time!

lacroixn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    27FFB707
    Will have to get the 8900 because of UMA, I think, no I know the Bold is better but just have to have UMA.
    Dont sweat the small stuff, hell dont sweat anything!

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Well the 8900 arrived today and I hardly got to hold it when it was taken into custody by the better half!

Darn!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast