Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

i know people who have tested the device. and ill read you this straight from ... BlackBerry Bold forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Advertisement

i know people who have tested the device. and ill read you this straight from an email i have saved in my phone.
    me: how much faster is the device over lets say an edge bb and a evdo bb.. test on some sights i frequent with heavy download pages. example. ebay. cnet. cnn.

now stackers b4 i show you the answers i want you to go to your browser. clear the cache load cnet and ebay for argument sake. and count the amount of seconds it takes to load completely after all images are enhanced and its done stop counting. on my bb cnet takes between 30-60 seconds depending on where i am. same with ebay.

testers response. on hsdpa- cnet 6-8 seconds ebay 5-8 seconds. fully rendered and loaded. on att network. now with wi-fi on two testers i know who dont know eachother said the same thing. web pages load in less then 5 seconds.

think about it like this. we are all on a 312 mhz processor. so when you have alot of content its like breathing threw a bar straw. you have to take slow breaths or youll pass out (hour glass)
    now the bold. 624 mhz processor. its like breathing threw a big gulp straw.
    and on hsdpa combined with double the processor power the phone hauls

you cant compare a razor with a smart phone at all. its about what in the phone. the "guts" and the network.

the bold is faster by 8-10x then edge. fact
    the bold is faster by 4-6x then evdo. fact.

and 3.6mbps you will never see. its theoretical. were still in a kb world. theres too many people on the same network channel to see these speeds. but in your house. with wifi mama mia. enjoy.

i cant wait for the bold.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX View Post
    i know people who have tested the device. and ill read you this straight from an email i have saved in my phone.
    me: how much faster is the device over lets say an edge bb and a evdo bb.. test on some sights i frequent with heavy download pages. example. ebay. cnet. cnn.

now stackers b4 i show you the answers i want you to go to your browser. clear the cache load cnet and ebay for argument sake. and count the amount of seconds it takes to load completely after all images are enhanced and its done stop counting. on my bb cnet takes between 30-60 seconds depending on where i am. same with ebay.

testers response. on hsdpa- cnet 6-8 seconds ebay 5-8 seconds. fully rendered and loaded. on att network. now with wi-fi on two testers i know who dont know eachother said the same thing. web pages load in less then 5 seconds.

think about it like this. we are all on a 312 mhz processor. so when you have alot of content its like breathing threw a bar straw. you have to take slow breaths or youll pass out (hour glass)
    now the bold. 624 mhz processor. its like breathing threw a big gulp straw.
    and on hsdpa combined with double the processor power the phone hauls

you cant compare a razor with a smart phone at all. its about what in the phone. the "guts" and the network.

the bold is faster by 8-10x then edge. fact
    the bold is faster by 4-6x then evdo. fact.

and 3.6mbps you will never see. its theoretical. were still in a kb world. theres too many people on the same network channel to see these speeds. but in your house. with wifi mama mia. enjoy.

i cant wait for the bold.
    thanks for the test report,u sold me on the bold,guess i will have to try one thenbut just did test myself on 8130 EVDO 21sec for cnet.com to load up.not bad
    Last edited by VETT98; 06-29-2008 at 08:03 AM.
    Mike

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    I just tried loading cnet on my 8310 over AT&T EDGE and it took 23 seconds. Ebay took 15 seconds.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F
    I have the Bold and loving every minute of it. The data speeds on HSDPA is sweet. As mentioned here its lightening fast, network dependent
    BlackBerry Bold
    OS v4.6.0.112

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    BOLD speed no where close to the EVDO-A
    Mike

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by VETT98 View Post
    Do you mean HSDPA speed no where close to EVDO-a ??

Isn't EVDO Rev A download - " maximum burst rate from 2.45 Mbit/s to 3.1 Mbit/s"

The Bold comes with ''maximum 3.6 Mbit/s" download

There are carriers such as mine that are already capable of 7.2 Mbit/s on their HSDPA networks.
    Last edited by dubai_bb; 07-01-2008 at 10:57 AM.

supaman no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dubai_bb View Post
    ?

Isn't EVDO Rev A download - " maximum burst rate from 2.45 Mbit/s to 3.1 Mbit/s"

The Bold comes with ''maximum 3.6 Mbit/s" download

There are carriers such as mine that are already capable of 7.2 Mbit/s on their HSDPA networks.
    Who is your carrier etisalat? or the other one their is 2 right?

Quote Originally Posted by supaman View Post
    Who is your carrier etisalat? or the other one their is 2 right?

Ya mine is Etisalat, the other is actually Du.

Ya mine is Etisalat, the other is actually Du.
    cool

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    When atandt gets up to 20 mb/s next year I'm sure a software upgrade will bump the bold to these speeds~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by untjoker View Post
    When atandt gets up to 20 mb/s next year I'm sure a software upgrade will bump the bold to these speeds~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I hope, but dont think a software update can do that. That's like saying the curve can have 3G with a software upgrade. Its the actual radio in the device I believe.

Probably not most carriers wont push that sort of speed due to battery not being able to handle it will probably drain your battery in under 5 hours.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by VETT98 View Post
    you're probably correct, I'm sure its much faster! My 8320 just loaded cnet in 23 sec. on wifi! just 2 sec slower than your 8130!! I do have the image quality on low!
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    you're probably correct, I'm sure its much faster! My 8320 just loaded cnet in 23 sec. on wifi! just 2 sec slower than your 8130!! I do have the image quality on low!

what does that have to do with his comment "BOLD speed no where close to the EVDO-A"

Or where you being sarcastic?
    Last edited by dubai_bb; 07-01-2008 at 11:00 AM.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Thumbs up

what does that have to do with his comment "BOLD speed no where close to the EVDO-A"

Or where you being sarcastic?
    No not at all! just posting my results from my curve just like he did with his 8130! My point was they loaded about the same time and the Bold is going to be way faster than both! just an opinion so calm down friend!!
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast