So I woke up this morning with my service bar showing "SOS" and saying "Insert ... BlackBerry Bold forum

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3

How do I know if my SIM card has taken a dump?

Advertisement

So I woke up this morning with my service bar showing "SOS" and saying "Insert SIM Card"

Earlier this week I upgarded the OS to 5.0.0.586 after TMobile sent me the upgrade link, and I lost all my contact during the transition (yes I backed it up prior and still lost them, unable to retrieve them) and now this.
    I am thinking maybe my SIM card is bad now? Either way I am going back to the original OS.

Any ideals?

Update: I downgraded back to the original OS (.330) and all is working normal again (fingers crossed)

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Glad you got your device back to normal, harm. Strange goings on there for sure.

Maybe you should try the .656?

There is definately something wrong, I have a bunch of duplicate contacts on my SIM card now. So I spent the last 30 minutes deleting these contacts (most had 3-4 of the same contact) And each time I go back into my contacts folder, I see some new duplicate or triplicates. Very annoying! I have tried upgrading the OS several times before since getting this 9700 but each time I do, it doesnt read the SIM card so I have to go back to the original OS.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Might be worth getting it (the SIM card) replaced. .586 is an official release from TMO, as you said, so that can't blame it on a beta OS or something to that effect. Try your upgrades with a new SIM and see how that goes.

After speaking to TMO customer service, I went to my local TMO store to get a new SIM card per TMO's advice. Lets see how this goes.

This is the second Stacker that has lost Contacts with the upgrade to T-Mobile's 586 - I tried 586 for a while (10 days?) and it was great. However I got it from Cosmote. 586 was great, but something's fishy about the version coming out of Tmo!