hey everyone, i had the pearl and the curve before and there was a program ... BlackBerry Bold forum

azn_skillet no está en línea Stack level 3

how do i upload video to my bold

Advertisement

hey everyone, i had the pearl and the curve before and there was a program to convert video files to be able to upload to the device.

i was wondering if i need any program to convert video files in order to upload to the bold from my pc.

or can i just upload it strraight

manoffire21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    i got mp4's to upload and run on my bold also wmv files
    storm 9530
    PIN: 3051C125

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I haven't tried wmv files but I can confirm that .mp4 files work great. Full length dvd videos ripped at 1500 bitrate/30fps play flawlessly on my Bold and always draw a nice amount of attention.

I honestly can't comment on much free software to do the ripping/converting because very early on I started using Cucusoft's DVD/Video converter suite and never looked back.

Once you start putting high quality video files on your Bold its tough to stop, I find myself watching the same scene of Star Wars Epiisode III over and over just to marvel at the screen and speaker quality of the Bold.

~via Blackberry Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

ok thats all well and good that u love watchin movies on ur bold..

my question is still do u need to resize the movie or convert it before u can see it on the bold or can u just click and drag any movie onto the bold

manoffire21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    you shouldnt have to. i never did
    storm 9530
    PIN: 3051C125

avi files should be ok?

damn i just waste 50 min uploading a avi movie and it comes out as a blank green screen with audio

what a waste of time

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    To answer your question, it's going to depend on what file format your original video files are in? (you did not mention that VERY important part)
    The Bold does not play every video file format. If the file format is one the Bold does not play then Yes you will need to convert it to a format the Bold will play.
    I use Prism to convert video files to the correct format for my Bold. It seems to work pretty good and is easy to use. Just select the screen size you need and click convert.
    Last edited by srl7741; 01-08-2009 at 10:08 PM.

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    look into Magic Video Converter, and just pick 3gp but like srl said does matter on what the file was before cuz u will have to pick the right convert settings when u do it in a diff format or u will get it

no video but sound,video but no sound,green with sound,green no sound,does not play,plays fast/is really small and so on

but i use this Magic Video Converter to convert anything video stuff and has never let me down