Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

hmmm...can it be under another name?... BlackBerry Bold forum

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

hmmm...can it be under another name?

kyleresq no está en línea Stack level 3
    The only Facebook service book appears to be a general provisioning one. Deleting that will likely disable facebook altogether. I am actuallly fine even using the Facebook calendar if I could make "device default" go away.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    so what exactly is the problem again?

Off, seriously? We are getting calendar duplicates and can't figure out how to get the Facebook calendar off of our phones.

Quote Originally Posted by kyleresq View Post
    Off, seriously? We are getting calendar duplicates and can't figure out how to get the Facebook calendar off of our phones.
    ok..so you are telling me after uninstalling facebook, you still have the facebook calendar? and that you are not seeing any [CICAL] associated with facebook under options?

If that is the case...you will have to do a re-wipe. However, I may know of a solution

Just delete all of the calendar entries under facebook. Go into your bb calendar, hit the bb key, click "select calendar" and only select the facebook. Go through your entire calendar till you delete every single entry. (I hope you have a backup copy from syncing with outlook, google, etc.)

Then, plug in your BB with USB to your computer and use BDM. go to backup/restore-->advanced options--> then select calendar on the right column and click clear.

Do a battery pull

Resync with Outlook or google and it should work now

Yes, that is what the problem is. Someone had already suggested the wipe but since I plan to use facebook 1.5, I obviously need a more long-term solution. I did try the individual delete and that worked until the next sync where everything ended up in facebook again. Perhaps the official version will offer some solution.

Quote Originally Posted by kyleresq View Post
    Yes, that is what the problem is. Someone had already suggested the wipe but since I plan to use facebook 1.5, I obviously need a more long-term solution. I did try the individual delete and that worked until the next sync where everything ended up in facebook again. Perhaps the official version will offer some solution.
    Well...you're just going to have to ditch facebook and wait for the official one...it is obviously buggy, there is no way to fix it unless you have the source files which you could never get.

You will either have to keep facebook 1.5 and live with the sync issue or just delete facebook 1.5 all together and use sync

your choice

make no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    255F0DD6
    Not sure if this has been answered [not looking at the thread] but I found out the same thing:

Go to Options > Advanced options > Default Services and change the Calendar [CICAL] and Messaging [CMIME] to the ones you want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12