Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey guys. I downloaded and installed the new facebook application that was leaked. Anyway I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3

How do i delete calendars on device?

Advertisement

Hey guys. I downloaded and installed the new facebook application that was leaked. Anyway I found it too integrated for my taste so I deleted it. The facebook calendar that it created is now the default. Anyone know how I can delete it? Its affecting my syncing to other things as well as what is being displayed on my homescreen. I only have two calendars currently. The device default and the facebook one. I deleted all the service books for the email ones. Any help would be appreciated.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

nbwitt no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same problem when I deleted facebook 1.5. But mine added 89 entries to my hotmail calendar that I have never used when I re-synced with outlook. The only thing I see available to me is the option to only display certain calendars. Once you get out of the calendar program and re-enter, you see all calendars again. All of which are duplicates.

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have the same problem only just with my email and the default calendar on my 8110. If anyone figures it out - let me know.

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just to let y'all know, I wiped the handheld and then restored everything and now I don't have any issues. Unfortunate that I had to do that, but I really use my calendar to keep me organized.

jmajluf no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21ABC057
    i have the same problem.
    I deleted facebook 1.5 and now I still have the "device default" amd othe calendars for my email addresses. I only use 1 calendar and had no problems until I istalled facebook 1.5 and now I cant sync with outlook. I have all my stuff on my device but under different "calendars"
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks

kyleresq no está en línea Stack level 3
    I tried rolling back to Faceboko 1.2 and that didn't help...I still have the "Facebook" calendar, a "device default" one that was never there, and the one for my emaill. I am going to delete the one for my email just to try to go down from triplicate, to duplicate, but this is a mess. I hope the "Official" 4.5 release will provide some help, or at least allow us to barrage Facebook tech support for help!

jmajluf no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21ABC057

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by kyleresq View Post
    I tried rolling back to Faceboko 1.2 and that didn't help...I still have the "Facebook" calendar, a "device default" one that was never there, and the one for my emaill. I am going to delete the one for my email just to try to go down from triplicate, to duplicate, but this is a mess. I hope the "Official" 4.5 release will provide some help, or at least allow us to barrage Facebook tech support for help!
    Unfortunately the only way to solve this issue is to do a complete wipe of the device...
    Sync your device --> Backup your device --> use JlCommander to wipe --> open DM and reinstall OS --> restore your device

It's a pain but it's the only way to get rid of the Facebook calendar. You mught to delete some double entries manually...

Hope this helps...

Quote Originally Posted by jmajluf View Post
    Unfortunately the only way to solve this issue is to do a complete wipe of the device...
    Sync your device --> Backup your device --> use JlCommander to wipe --> open DM and reinstall OS --> restore your device

It's a pain but it's the only way to get rid of the Facebook calendar. You mught to delete some double entries manually...

Hope this helps...

Well I like facebook 1.5 and I plan to keep using it so i'll probably just wait for the official release and deal with facebook tech support. Only very dire circumstances will result in me wiping the phone! It's a pain...

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    try going into service books and searching for>deleting a CICAL entry

itll have an emaill adress and then [CICAL]

i have 6 email addresses and have deleted all but one [CICAL] and have no device issues. the one that i have left is the one i use with gCal and it wors fine, i also still have the default calendar which is not deleteable to my knowledge

Yes, all the CICALS are deleted but I still have Device Default and Facebook.

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jmajluf View Post

Hope this helps...
    that's not true

you fix this by deleting all of your [cical] service books in options--> advanced toptions--> and service books

then you resync and it should work

Even without any email related CICAL service books, I still have a "device default" calendar and a "facebook" calendar. Anyone know the CICAL service books for those two?

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleresq View Post
    Even without any email related CICAL service books, I still have a "device default" calendar and a "facebook" calendar. Anyone know the CICAL service books for those two?
    there is no cical for device default....when you delete a BIS account, all of the calendar appts associated with that acount get dumped into "device default"

to get ride of device default, you have to delete every other cical service book you have. look for facebook [cical] and delete it

when you resync, it will move all the other calendar entries to ure BIS account from device default

There is no facebook Cical on my list...I just checked again. That would certainly solve the problem!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast