I'm looking to create a backup of a game that's on my Bold... I receieved ... BlackBerry Bold forum

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID

How do I back up a game that's on my phone???

Advertisement

I'm looking to create a backup of a game that's on my Bold... I receieved the link to the game and installed but when I try to use the OTA Loader to create cod & jad files of the OTA it says the OTA is not valid. I'm wondering if there's a way to backup a individual game from my device? I've looked at the back up of all things on my device but have yet to see a tutorial about backing up individual items. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    You can do a backup with the DM and indicate you want third party software backed up too.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

fox581 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't think you can individually save the jad and cod. Just back up all third party apps in dm.
    Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13216/554; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

PIN/ID
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    You can do a backup with the DM and indicate you want third party software backed up too.
    Thanks G.G. I've done that before, was wondering if you can specify which 3rd party app you'd like to backup...

Quote Originally Posted by fox581 View Post
    I don't think you can individually save the jad and cod. Just back up all third party apps in dm.
    Dang it... I was hoping there was a way to back up individual apps... curse you Bplay and your non .jad file OTA downloads... LOL they wont load with OTA Loader... I pretty much have everything backed up to .cod & .jad files on my flashdrive... just in case... hopefully someone will figure some way to make this possible in the future... Thanks for the answers Stackers!!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    It's been posted here, but for the life of me, I can't remember where at the moment, but do this:

1) Connect your device and open DM.

2) Go to Device Switch Wizard

3) Click Switch BlackBerry Devices.

4) Uncheck all options EXCEPT Third-Party Applications

5) Click Next

6) The device will now start backing up all your 3rd-party apps. After it's finished, do NOT click next or cancel.

7) Open a search window on your desktop and search for a folder with the PIN for your device as the folder name. You may have to enable searching for hidden files and folders.

8) Once you find it, you'll see all of your 3rd-party apps saved to the drive and the .ALX file to reload them all.

9) Copy it somewhere safe and cancel out of the Device Switch Wizard.

Done. All of your 3rd-party apps backed up.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Now the above is handy info indeed!

I love this place!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

fox581 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Sweet post ill have to try that to. Thanx for the tip.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    You can also use programs like the BlackBerry MCP Master Control Program or BBSAK(swiss army knife) to backup and load programs individually. You can also do much more with these tools, they are worth checking out. Also if you are familiar with JL_Cmder you can save the .cods from the app right from your BB to your PC then if you edit an .alx file to go with that app you can use the DM to load it in the future....there are lots of options for this
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    Ask
    You and your new fangled 3rd party apps Az...
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Here is where I found that guide at. Originally posted by PDX. Hers looks a lot nicer then mine.
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    DROID
    OK I have a question... I've completed the backup and copied the folder to another location. Now how do I reload these to the BB? Is there someway I can create an executable folder for my BB similar to OTA loader or Gen4Jad???