Hi I just got my Bold and I have been playing around with it. I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

lalbee no está en línea Stack level 1

Hour Glass and running very slow...

Advertisement

Hi I just got my Bold and I have been playing around with it. I down loaded a free Xmas theme from here and now I have this strange hour glass that has been coming on and it last for a long time. I also tried to download something else and I got a message that said no application room left? I am not so technical...anyone have any suggestions?

Not even sure how to delete the theme...

Thanks

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Have you put anything else on the phone? I'm not 100% certain, but I believe that if you load up the Bold's onboard storage with music/pictures/videos you will start having issues MUCH sooner then if you were storing all your multimedia stuff on a microSD card.

To get rid of the theme you first want to change back to the default theme (options-theme) to ensure that the new theme is not in use. Once you've switched back to "Precision Zen" you will want to go to "options-advanced options-applications". You should find the theme listed in the applications list, press the menu key with the theme highlighted and select delete. The Bold should give you a prompt to restart your phone to complete the removal, which you should agree to. If you are not given the option to restart I suggest you remove the phone's battery (while its running, it's ok) for 30 seconds to completely power down and restart the device.

If after all that you are still having the same issues be sure to let us know. Its more likely that its larger amounts of multimedia files (pictures, videos and music) being stored in the phone's onboard memory (as opposed to a microSD card) that would be causing this, but give both things a shot and let us know.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lalbee no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks so much - after I removed it and took them battery out - it is running much better. It was a clock that kept coming on. I do have some music on it but no pictures and - it is a company phone and my company is cheap and did not get that video package so no video's on it either....Need to look into seeing if I can get my own package for that somehow...

Not sure how the whole memory thing works I am learning as I am going. Thanks a lot for answering my post!!

L

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by lalbee View Post
    Thanks so much - after I removed it and took them battery out - it is running much better. It was a clock that kept coming on. I do have some music on it but no pictures and - it is a company phone and my company is cheap and did not get that video package so no video's on it either....Need to look into seeing if I can get my own package for that somehow...

Not sure how the whole memory thing works I am learning as I am going. Thanks a lot for answering my post!!

L
    No problem, glad I was able to help.