So I was messing around with my bold, and I was in the browser configuration ... BlackBerry Bold forum

mavericmechanik no está en línea Stack level 2

Hotspot Browser?

Advertisement

So I was messing around with my bold, and I was in the browser configuration menu when I noticed something I had never seen before. If I click to change the default browser, it gives me 3 choices now, instead of the regular 2, internet browser, media net (AT&T) and another one called hotspot browser. I've never seen this one before and I can't seem to find any information on it. Does anyone know what this is, and what purpose it serves?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Hotspot browser is for when you are at AT&T Wi-Fi's HotSpots such as McDonalds, StarBucks or Borders that are powered by AT&T.

mavericmechanik no está en línea Stack level 2
    Does this setting activate automatically when I connect to a hotspot or do I have to manually change it after I connect?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Some say yes others say no. I have yet to try it out myself. But there should be no charge for this service as it is provided for free courtesy of AT&T for having a Bold or iPhone with them.

EricScott no está en línea Stack level 2
    Pretty sure the Hotspot browser is only necessary if you are connecting via Wifi and need to login to enter a user name and password (in a hotel for example). When I go on my home network or into a Starbucks the Bold automatically connects via Wifi and I can just click the regular browser icon which launches the Internet Browser in my case (it is my default). If you want to launch the Hotspot Browser it should be saved as one of your bookmarks.

It is definitely confusing and not 100% sure how it works but this has been my experience.