I've set a photo as my wallpaper / home screen image, but whenever I sync ... BlackBerry Bold forum

snowmonkey no está en línea Stack level 2

Home Screen Image disappears after syncing

Advertisement

I've set a photo as my wallpaper / home screen image, but whenever I sync the wallpaper re-sets to the defaul wallpaper and I have to upload the photo again. The photo is saved on my Bold.

Have tried saving it to different places but that doesn't seem to help. Not sure what else I can try.

Would appreciate hearing if anyone has any ideas.

TIA
    SM

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    it doesnt really disappear... its probably because you have the background image saved on a media card and the berry loses access to the media card when plugged into your computer... save the image to your bb device memory, and set it as your homescreen image from the device memory image... you wont soon lose your background again.
    I'm a born again Androider

granwsmith no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2093876C
    Jzarowitz is spot on.
    However, I've made it a habit to remove my mem card everytime I sync to my lap top.
    Not sure if I'm protecting anything or even if its necessary to do this.
    I've just always done it. I also try to drop files from my mem card to my laptop then reformat the mem card.
    Again, dunno if I need to do so, but I do it. Lol

Thanks for that.

OK, stupid question coming up but how can I:-

a) confirm that the photo is saved on a media card just using my BB (am not near a PC for a couple of days), and

b) re-save the picture to the device memory from the BB?

If not possible, I'll wait a few days until I'm back near a PC and have a go at doing it within Windows Explorer.

Many thanks
    SM

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    a)find the photo, click bb button, and go to properties, and it will have a file path with location

when done confirming location, proceed to b below

b)with picture still open, click bb button and move to device memory... anywhere in device memory you like actually, then set as homescreen image

Jzarowitz

Thanks for that as didn't know about that procedure. However, having checked under 'properties' it appears that the image is saved on the Device memory already:-

/Device Memory/home/user/pictures/IMG(No.).jpg

It's currently set as the Home Image (until I re-sync when it'll disappear from the Home screen).

Anything else I could try?

More recent pictures seem to be saving on the Media card now. Is that due to the Device memory being full ?

TIA
    SM

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    i believe the bold will allow you to access its device memory from the PC as well the microSD card. has to do with mass storage mode settings. im scratching my head a bit here now since i dont have a bold anymore to take a look at and respond about what to do. anyone with a bold want to chime in?

BoldMDP no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A6F01C
    On my Bold 9000 with 8 Gig Memory Card with Mass Storage Mode on connected via USB.
    Shows two removable devices in my computer, 1 being the device memory and the other the miniSD card.
    you cant view items on your BB's miniSD card while in Mass Storage Mode (connected to your computer) but I havent had a problem accessing others. With that being said I would copy the image to your Device Memory. Set it as wallpaper(make sure its the device memory picture) and that should do it.