Hi all... I apologize if this has been answered before,but can we get a bit ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jrmtl no está en línea Stack level 3

Higher resolution youtube videos?

Advertisement

Hi all...
    I apologize if this has been answered before,but can we get a bit higher res within youtube as some vids are really low res?
    Thx

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Its probably a limitation of the BB web browser, as we're technically watching the videos at a much lower screen resolution then we would on a computer and yet they look worse. Typically on a computer there's the option to watch many videos in high quality, another iption that has been yanked. I'm not sure what the situation is with the I@hone, but I have a feeling its version of Safari renders the videos properly and its a "thing" with RIM's browser holding us back.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ahh that sucks because the bold has such a beautiful display with it's high res and the youtube vids are rendering terribly.
    I wonder if on the ifone they are better

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Not really ... the youtube app on iPhone when used on EDGE or 3G renders videos as bad as the Bold does. Now when connected to wifi, you get a higher quality video.
    i dont remember if its the same for the Bold (wifi = better) but you should give it a try!

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I'll save you the trouble, I've tried 3G and Wifi connections and Youtube videos are rendered the same regardless. Some of the only phones I've seen render youtube videos properly are Windows Mobile devices, as they use a form of internet explorer which (I'm guessing) reacts much more normally with most webpages.

Thanks guys..

I've tried tinytube.net but a bit more steps to view a video and although much better , it still not high res.

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way of getting highres youtube videos on our mobile devices without going to some windows media devices or something like a tablet device or UMPC.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Do they have flash on Windows Mobile?

YouTube videos are poor quality because the source is poor. I don't think it has anything to do with the Bold's browser.

YouTube probably did it to save bandwidth and reduce the buffering time

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    My iPhone renders youtube a million times better than my Bold. I only got youtube to work a couple times on my Bold now it wont work at all.
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.
    PIN:249E6C28 feel free to add

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I'm pretty sure it is a diffwerence in web browsers. The iPhone and all WM devices use forms of full-fledged internet browsers, whereas the BB browser is more then likely not recognized or fully supported so the quality is throttled back for compatibility sake.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by PittsDriver View Post
    My iPhone renders youtube a million times better than my Bold. I only got youtube to work a couple times on my Bold now it wont work at all.
    My ipod touch renders the youtube videos better than my bold as well.
    My be its a setting that needs to be change. I will fool arround with it
    And get with you all with my findings.

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    i dont use youtube anymore, to many complications in my area with streaming stopping at 45 seconds ( western Canada area ) i been using Vuclip mobile videos, you can stream or download the videos, and they seem to be higher quality then youtube, also they go full screen.

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    My ipod touch renders the youtube videos better than my bold as well.
    My be its a setting that needs to be change. I will fool arround with it
    And get with you all with my findings.
    Not to be rude, but the iPod Touch and iPhone are expected to render youtube videos better as they're running a slimmed down version of apple's safari web browser. This is the same reason that most windows mobile devices fair better as well, due to internet explorer. I doubt there's anything that we can do to alter the rendering quality on the Bold, short of RIM releasing some sort of update to the browser if at all possible.