Out of convenience when I purchased my first Bold, I simply loaded the Desktop Manager ... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

High Speed Sync via DM 4.6

Advertisement

Out of convenience when I purchased my first Bold, I simply loaded the Desktop Manager using the included CD. Of course that provided me with a full version, which included Roxio Media Manager. I've never been fond of Roxio products and have used other alternatives with much greater speed and success.

Upon finishing the install and getting my Bold all setup, I did a sync with Outlook and was very surprised and disappointed with how slow it was as compared to doing the same operation with my Curve 8310. The slowdown was remarkable. It took 2.5 times longer than previously.

So I went to the AT&T download site on RIM and found an English only version of Desktop Manager 4.6 without the media manager. The difference is quite significant. The overall performance of the desktop manager alone is faster. And when performing a sync, it's as fast if not faster than the 4.2.xx DM.

So for those of you that were not aware, I thought I will would make this info available to you. Here is the description.

Desktop Manager 4.6.0 B16 English - Without Media Manager
    • File name: 460_b016_english_nomediamanager.exe
    • File size: 63.126 MB
    • Date posted: 28-Oct-08
    You can find it HERE

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thanks for the heads up Archer. I must try this.