Blackberry froze, I restarted it now I'm unable to get wifi? Ok first off I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ItsMsJoiie no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey everyone I'm new to this site and I need your help!

Advertisement

Blackberry froze, I restarted it now I'm unable to get wifi?

Ok first off I downloaded a program through blackberry app world yesterday but soon as it installed my whole blackberry froze for like 5+ minutes so I did a soft reset which was the alt delete thingy and it restarted my phone. But now when I try to search for my home's wifi it will NOT detect it or even connect to it. I also noticed that a random wifi connection which I've never seen before shows up under my wireless network. I'm thinking someone maybe hacked into my wireless and changed the info.

PS. I resent service books and already tried a fresh install of the os and I already resetted my modem for 30seconds and did many battery pulls. I also tried to access the default ip settings address but the page WILL NOT open. please help!

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Can you go into your wifi connects and set up a new one? Generally this will require that you put in the ssid number or whatever they call it on your network. Go into other ways to connect there are 3 ways to connect,

Wifi Protected
    Get Security Key
    Mannually Connect to Network (this would be where you add your ssid#)

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    By the way it always helps to let us know what device you have so our professionals who have the same device can jump in and help

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    welcome.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Welcome to Pinstack.

Have you rebooted your router?
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    First let me say welcome to Pinstack For someone thats new to this you have done most the things that I would have tried and more! So please excuse me asking what is probably a silly question, but have you tried connecting your phone to another WiFi, possibly at a friends place or a hotspot to makesure that your phone's WiFi is working? I would try and eliminate that first If you can connect to other WiFi then you will have to attack your modem or router to see if they are causing the problem

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You should also seriously consider uninstalling whatever app you installed that caused your device to start acting up.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Good idea Roger I thought about that as my wife mentioned it after my post, but had shut down the laptop and was heading to bed

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I noticed that you have done a fresh install of the OS so I am assuming that the errent application has been removed. Sometimes old settings are not updated so did you check your WiFi settings have been reset. You can do this by going to Options, Networks and Connections, WiFi Network, then press the Blackberry Menu key and goto Options again where it will allow you to Reset your WiFi back to Factory Default deleting all you WiFi networks that are set up. If this works then you can set your WiFi up again.
    Not sure if you have already tried this, but it is another option. Good luck

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    Welcome to PinStack ItsMsJoiie!

I'm sorry again I wasn't able to help you with your issue, however, we're extremely happy to see that you have made your way to our corner of the web

I am sure you will find a solution to your issue here as the members are very nice and always willing to share their knowledge.

Again, welcome and I look forward to seeing you around
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

ItsMsJoiie no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Hey

Omg thanks soo much guys. I was able to connect to other wifi hotspots the funny thing about is was that I no longer has wifi in my home which was why I couldn't find the linksys network. silly rabbit lol

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    Glad you got it working again
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Good news your up and running Can't tell you how many times I have done the same thing!
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2