OMG i was uploading OS and my computer shut down. now all i get is ... BlackBerry Bold forum

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3

HELPPP DEAD BOLD

Advertisement

OMG i was uploading OS and my computer shut down. now all i get is a blinking red LED and i can't reload any software to it. when i connect the PIN comes up as unknown and i dont know what to do. please help. i really hope it's fixable! :cry: it makes a noise when i connect to the blackberry but that's it.

elchilote1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    have you tried using aploader? it works good when the PIN # is unknown. go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. it will say the PIN # is unknown but go ahead and do it anyways. it should upload your software back to the phone

i tried that and it says theres no software..i'm redownloading the OS and going to try again =(

thebluedot no está en línea Stack level 1
    Have you tried taking out the battery and reinserting it into the phone? The same issue happened to me before and this fixed the problem.

Hate to give you such a simple answer, but sometimes simple works...

Hope you get you backberry up and running again. I know how devastating it can be to be without it.
    The Blue Dot - http://www.thebluedot.net is an online retailer specializing in preowned and refurbished cell phones, wireless accessories and other electronics.

yeah i've tried that and it didnt work

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Once done downloading the OS, take the batt out of the phone and Connect to the pc, run the app loader, will show usb as unknown but should start, once started carefully place the battery back on the phone.
    From there you should be able to reload the OS, also make sure you delete the vendor.xml file.
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.130 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

ok ok.. apparently it's my laptop that wouldnt load it..when i tried to install the handheld software i get an installer error message.. so i used my other laptop and i'm up and running again.. close call!

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by disturkis4u View Post
    ok ok.. apparently it's my laptop that wouldnt load it..when i tried to install the handheld software i get an installer error message.. so i used my other laptop and i'm up and running again.. close call!
    good to know you got it working
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Quote Originally Posted by disturkis4u View Post
    Glad everything is fine now. My bold died of hardware issues. I know that scared you.
    SAMSUNG-SGH-I617/UCIB1 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11)