I just got a bold today and love it! I went ahead and tried to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

vas729 no está en línea Stack level 2

Help/question about my bold

Advertisement

I just got a bold today and love it!

I went ahead and tried to do a restore from my curve backup that I had. Then all hell broke loose. I got about 6 errors on my bold's screen after it was done, nothing but 35 of my contacts updated and left me almost in tears.

I ended up doing a restore on my bold, and everything seems back to normal. Although some of the icons that were located in different folders are now located in their own at&t folder.

I am concerned that I may have screwed up my new baby. My question is am I perfectly fine after doing the restore? Or should I go back to at&t and try to exchange it for another bold since I just got it and am within my 14 day exchange period.

Please help stackers!

superman2683 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20e07eda
    you should be fine but for your own state of mind i would take it back and exchange it (thats what i would do and i work there lol) just tell them you got all kinds of errors so that way you avoid the 20 dollar restock fee.

I think that is what I may have to do. Like you said, just for my own piece of mind.

Is there anyway to backup just my messenger contacts so that I wont have to have them send me an invite all over again? Since I have had to have them do it twice already today. LOL!

PIN/ID
    20e07eda
    lol well the device restore would be the only way i can think of and if thats what caused the problem in the first place you probably wont want to do that. do you have the latest update to bb desktop manager?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    As stated above, are you running at least 4.6 DM. That's what I have and I had no problems. ~via Bold~

I am running 4.6 DM which came with my bold. I am not going to use DM until I get my exchanged bold tomorrow. I'm not sure why I keep getting the Internal Error #4238 error though. I have googled it, and havent really found a solution as to why my sync gets hung up and then gives me that error. Maybe I'll delete everything on my PC RIM related, and then do a fresh DM install. Hopefully that will help.

rsammon977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219DFA34
    use the device transfer instead up backup/restore. i just did that from a pearl to a bold and it worked perfect. Only thing I had to do was delete programs that only worked on the pearl (color pearl, for example).

Hope that helped.

BTW, I'm about to post a Star Trek theme I just lemme knowhe bold. Check it out if you want and lemme know

rsammon977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219DFA34
    wow, comp lagged typing that last part, lets try again

BTW, I'm about to post a Star Trek theme I just made for the Bold. If you want, check it out and lemme know what you think

PIN/ID
    20e07eda
    i would like to see the theme, which crew is it based on?