So I am trying to upgrade from 5.0.0.411 to the new 5.0.0.464. Everytime I wipe ... BlackBerry Bold forum

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Help please..with OS upgrade

Advertisement

So I am trying to upgrade from 5.0.0.411 to the new 5.0.0.464.

Everytime I wipe my device with BBSAK I get the 507 error.. Normally I just use these steps: http://forums.pinstack.com/f73/how_t...8/index67.html and it works fine..

This time while I was using the above steps.. during the application loader it gets stuck on connecting to the device and eventually says that they are unable to connect..

I am without an OS on my device and now I can't even load the new OS on there..

Can anyone help please?
    ~Lauren

Ok.. so a few minutes after posting this it started working

Sorry was in a bit of a panic after trying for over an hour..

So my only question left is... why do I get the 507 error every time I wipe my device using BBSAK... it doesn't give me time to load the new OS before this happens..
    ~Lauren

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    That is odd Lauren...I dont get any message when I wipe with BBSAK. I just upped to 464 when it dropped and loaded without a problem...however, coincidental or not, the morning after loading I was going through my email poppup's via berrypoppup and I got the white 507 screen of death...I pulled the battery and to my surprise it loaded up no problem.... anyway, hope things work out well for you. Do you have the most current version of BBSAK?....
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Error 507 is sorta normal it just means that your device has no OS on it and it's ready to receive an OS. Usually you don't see it, because apploader or the utility program you are using to upgrade with just flashes thru that screen. I have generally found it best to use the loader.exe program in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader directly, and NOT wipe the device.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Yep pkcable is right, most of the time unless you are staring at your BB through the whole process you won't even see the 507, you can blink and miss it,....whether you happen to catch it/see it or not, it happens every time you upgrade or downgrade your device
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Oh wow.. that's interesting..
    Thanks for the information guys.. next time I'll try to ignore the error and try to continue to load the new OS.

~Lauren

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    OS upgrades CAN go awry, so it's always a good idea to make a complete backup with DM before you begin JUST incase.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3
    What are the improvements in .464 from .411?

Quote Originally Posted by tessitori View Post
    What are the improvements in .464 from .411?
    Well I was very happy with .411 and assumed that .464 was even better. I was right. After upgrading I didn't have to do a browser or VVM fix which was nice. Memory has been a bit better, and overall I feel like it's a bit faster.
    ~Lauren