Hope all is well. I currently am on a BES server with my corporate office. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

antelope1 no está en línea Stack level 2

HELP please regarding OS upgrade and BES

Advertisement

Hope all is well. I currently am on a BES server with my corporate office. They dissable the application loader on the desktop manager. I want to update to os .162. Is there any way of going around this. Thanks a bunch.

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope1 View Post
    Hope all is well. I currently am on a BES server with my corporate office. They dissable the application loader on the desktop manager. I want to update to os .162. Is there any way of going around this. Thanks a bunch.
    Have you tried a different computer? Regardless, when you upgrade you will have to reactivate the BES. If you don't have the password then you will be SOL. Ask the Network Admin if you can upgrade would be my suggestion.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraBear View Post
    Have you tried a different computer? Regardless, when you upgrade you will have to reactivate the BES. If you don't have the password then you will be SOL. Ask the Network Admin if you can upgrade would be my suggestion.
    ill have to agree with KaraBear ask your IT dept if you can upgrade and if they could set it up for you even

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Umm, some corporate IT policies could restrict upgrading without permission. Some actually see that as grounds for termination...so just be careful.

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Definitely ask before upgrading even if you find a workaround. It's totally not worth losing your job over. I'm sure ig you go to your Network Admin and explain newer, BETTER firmware has been Officially released they probably won't have a problem with it, and might actually take care of the update for you.

PaRappa no está en línea Stack level 1
    If I want to upgrade my BES configured bold to .162, will the device be wiped (mail, apps, address book, etc.) or will it be a true upgrade of the OS only? Thanks!

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    It will not wipe your device unless you tell it to remove applications. It will remove your mail & contacts per se since you are on a BES and will have to reactivate on the BES. Once your activation is complete, your mail & contacts will return to your device.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PaRappa no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the quick reply! That helps a lot!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yeah again just double check with your IT dept first