Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

so i got rid of my curve for a htc touch pro with sprint dumbest ... BlackBerry Bold forum

kamelwithak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20E127A8

help internet problems

Advertisement

so i got rid of my curve for a htc touch pro with sprint dumbest move i ever did. i switch to att and got a bold and i love it but i am have a problem everytime i click on the xm link or any link having to do with att (ringtone, themes, etc) i get

HTTP error 403: forbidden you are not authorized to view this page. please try loading a different page.

i hard reset. resent service books. and reregistered my device any ideas plzzzz

thanks in advance
    Pierre Kamel

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    First make sure you have an internet connection.

It could be the links have been moved and not updated in the wap pages. Try a google search of the pages and see if they actually exist.

Let me know. We will troubleshoot it from there.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    20E127A8
    i had 3g and wifi running and there is a folder named downloads all the links are like shop games, themes, ringtones etc and none of them work. my browser works i go fb and other websites and it works but when i hit details i get nothing other than a black browser screen
    Pierre Kamel

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Okay, for starters... Turn off Wifi and give it a try. If that doesn't work, turn on WiFi and turn off your mobile network and give it a try.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    20E127A8
    didnt work i tryed both ways still same error
    Pierre Kamel

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Hmmm. Very confusing indeed. And these are all links placed in the dloads folder by AT&T?

PIN/ID
    20E127A8
    yeah links from att anytime i click one that error comes up which is annoying idk what to do

btw i really appreciate your help man
    Pierre Kamel

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Have you tried updating the OS on the device yet?

I highly doubt that it has to do with the OS per se, but perhaps updating may correct any browser issue you are having.

PIN/ID
    20E127A8
    i think i have the newesy os from att
    Pierre Kamel

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Okay. There are many betas out there as well.... Ummm... How much junk do you already have on your device? Contacts, emails, other stuff you don't want to lose?

PIN/ID
    20E127A8
    lol alot i mean i can back it up and install a newer version but do u think i should take the phone in ive had it for like 4 days
    Pierre Kamel

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    no. Do you know how to delete those apps using Tools/Advanced/Applications?

They are AT&T apps..... If you can delete them altogether, then do a battery pull, then resend the service books it should fix them.

PIN/ID
    20E127A8
    the apps are not there and there was a way to send the service books from my phones browser but i forgot
    Pierre Kamel

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    You can resend them from your phone by going into the settings folder, clicking on email settings, login, then scroll down to resend service books.

Okay, I found them. You have to go Options/Advanced/Service Books/ scroll through the list and delete the offending apps......

Once you are done that do a battery pull and then resend your service books.

The worst that is going to happen is we are going to elminate the apps as being the problem.

EDIT: I want to avoid installing a BETA OS on a phone this new. You don't want to risk screwing up your warranty. Of course you can always put the original OS back on before returning it to the vendor (oooops, did I say that out loud?)
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 02-16-2009 at 05:27 AM.

PIN/ID
    20E127A8
    will somehting happen if i delete all my service books and resend them?
    Pierre Kamel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast