Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

yeah a buddy of mine named Hack174 bought a bold off a guy on here, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E

Advertisement

yeah a buddy of mine named Hack174 bought a bold off a guy on here, and hes been having a heck of a time trying to get his internet to work on it. he is also trying to get it set on Tmo, it think is an unlocked AT&T model

Quote Originally Posted by mac14x View Post
    I personally never had problem with them, they always helped me and so on, i prefer att over tmo, but still on both and getting service with tmo is a hastle

I jus installed diff aim and serv book and ill see if this works.....ill post back when my bold loads up

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by xaroc View Post
    yeah a buddy of mine named Hack174 bought a bold off a guy on here, and hes been having a heck of a time trying to get his internet to work on it. he is also trying to get it set on Tmo, it think is an unlocked AT&T model
    I was using my bold on tmo before i got my 8220 and i couldnt get nothing to work as to data apps on my bold. now im using it with att and everything is perfect.

I FINALLY GOT THE AIM ICON ON MY BOLD BUT IT GIVES ME AN ERROR THAT MY TIME IS WRONG, what the heck?

@EDIT
    IT WORKS!! i had AM insted PM on my tim for sumreason, but it finally works, ill post the steps and files soon
    Last edited by mac14x; 11-10-2008 at 12:11 AM.
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    Time is wrong, thats a new one haha. what version AIM are you trying?
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.
    PIN:249E6C28 feel free to add

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    hehe damn man.. i think AT&T has things to fix , i been seeing so many problems being posted about people on AT&T, i wonder if there still trying to fine tune the system for Bolds or somthing

PIN/ID
    217a1629
    1. Make a complete backup using DM
    2. go to options, advanced options, service book and delete ALL the service books. There is one that it won't let you delete "provisioning" but that's fine.
    3. Do a restore using my servicebooks.ipd file to your device with DM
    4. go to options, advanced options, Host routing table and register with the network. (this will resend your service books from your carrier to your device)
    5. Use DM to load the new AIM application to your device with application loader. Just browse to the .alx file I provided. I would use the 2.1.32 version since it works.
    6. Once that long process is complete, you should be able to log into AIM without incident.
    Follow the step as they are!!

Note: all credit goes to mshipek
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

I did all those steps and when I go to install it says no applications for this device were found.

The alx file you have to modify, all the directions say to go into the shared folder etc etc and edit the aim file in there, like its already in there, but I dont see one in there.

Here is the text from the aim alx file from aim2132.zip

<loader version="1.0"><application id="AOL Instant Messenger:Research In Motion Limited"><name>AOL Instant Messenger</name><description>AOL Instant Messenger</description><version>2.1.32</version><vendor>Research In Motion Limited</vendor><copyright></copyright><fileset Java="1.0"><files>
    net_rim_bb_qm_aim
    net_rim_bb_qm_aim_resource_en
    </files></fileset></application></loader>
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.

PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by PittsDriver View Post
    I did all those steps and when I go to install it says no applications for this device were found.

The alx file you have to modify, all the directions say to go into the shared folder etc etc and edit the aim file in there, like its already in there, but I dont see one in there.

Here is the text from the aim alx file from aim2132.zip

<loader version="1.0"><application id="AOL Instant Messenger:Research In Motion Limited"><name>AOL Instant Messenger</name><description>AOL Instant Messenger</description><version>2.1.32</version><vendor>Research In Motion Limited</vendor><copyright></copyright><fileset Java="1.0"><files>
    net_rim_bb_qm_aim
    net_rim_bb_qm_aim_resource_en
    </files></fileset></application></loader>
    You dont have to edit anything, just follow the steps and when ur loading the AIM alx chose the one that is in the AIM folder, the files that wore in aim2132.zip.

AGAIN DONT EDIT ANYTHING JUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS I PROVIDED AND LOAD THE ALX THAT WAS IN aim2132.zip thats what i exaclly did and got it on

OK while you posted that I got it. I found this tutorial and it made it a bit more clear. Its shown up on my phone and working flawlessly. Thanks!!

http://www.dbattery.com/bbaim/
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.

PIN/ID
    217a1629
    On the tut u provided it says AIM (in DM) it said AIM on my DM and bold, and it appear on my bold, but when i installed the one i found it says AOL Instant messenger on the dm

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    First, if you got AIM installed and the icon isn't appearing, try chainging to a NON AT&T Theme.

Funny story - I really like BlackBerry Maps, but the AT&T Bold doesn't come with it installed. However, if you download the OS from the AT&T site, you can install it, but as I was using the default AT&T Theme, I couldn't find the icon. Then I changed to another Theme, and there it was!

That said, the icon may not appear if it needs a Service Book to become visible (although I doubt it). Unfortunately, AT&T will not supply the service book needed for the application, so unless you find the service book for the current client and get it installed (a real PITA), it won't work even if you do find the icon!
    JerryD

OatMichelle no está en línea Stack level 1
    I said forget about trying to find an AT&T official AIM application, as I have fell i love with JiveTalk and purchased the transferable license, I have added it to my BB BOLD and it works perfectly, flawless and supports a lit of accounts. Go for the free trial and you will fall in love and end up making the purchase.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by OatMichelle View Post
    I said forget about trying to find an AT&T official AIM application, as I have fell i love with JiveTalk and purchased the transferable license, I have added it to my BB BOLD and it works perfectly, flawless and supports a lit of accounts. Go for the free trial and you will fall in love and end up making the purchase.
    AMEN! I bought JiveTalk WELL BEFORE my trial period ended. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by OatMichelle View Post

not if you actually use the aim program lol...
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.

prettyboy2388 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249E145B
    I like AT&T I've been w/ them for a long time.
    Stephane 'thedoc' Elias

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    i was reading somewhere this morning that ATT finally released the service books and that to get the app all you have to do is head over to the mobile blackberry website from your device and download it OTA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast