I am an AT&T Corporate dealer here in the Northwest. I have a customer whose ... BlackBerry Bold forum

techytom no está en línea Stack level 2

Arrow Help for rim customer - loose door!!

Advertisement

I am an AT&T Corporate dealer here in the Northwest. I have a customer whose door keeps flying off his Bold and sadly, our warranty department will not take care of it.

Nor will our policy allow us to replace the door at the store level.

Does ANYONE out there know of a PHONE NUMBER I could contact at RIM to find a replacement door for this customer?

I've just spent 30 minutes ransacking their website, but to no avail.

IS ANYONE FROM RIM READING MESSAGES IN THIS FORUM??

Thank you very much,

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    Is it a faulty battery door, or is it the area on the phone the door clips to? Easy enough to find a new battery door.

Sorry I can't help with the phone number.

mjhardy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Google cnn.cn. It should have everything you need to replace just about anything on just about any BlackBerry. I have used them in the past with excellent results.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I constantly have this issue with my 8120. I thought about replacing the door but seeing as I only have 1 year left on my current contract, I'm not that worried. If I LOSE the door, then that's different.

computerteckn no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30412bf
    Cnn.cn is an awesome site I stocked up on replacment trackballs from them since neither my carrier or rim wanted to sell me that part. They wanted to replace the phone. I had asked them y would I give up a phone with no issues beyond trackball for a phone that has been reconditioned and may have some other issues not to mention loosing all the applications I bought and paid for that are registered to this pin and won't work on the replacment with out purchasing again. Neither of them had any answers but still insited on replacing the phone. Cnn.cn is awesome and prices are good too shipping takes a bit because of customs and when your phone is down seems like it takes forever.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm a tmobile corporate rep in the SW. And I have had that problem forever withh any phone funding a back is tough. I have had success on a rare occation talking to the bb rep that shows up to my store. I might be able to hit up my rep to find out who you should talk to. Pm what region are you in. And I'll try to find out.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Shouldn't the carriers be dealing with this if the device is within its initial trial?

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I have the same problem, my door does not say clipped and easily falls off.

The problem is the latch on at the bottom of the bold does not clip into the plastic on the door cover. I guess I have to spend $20 for a new cover.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    Shouldn't the carriers be dealing with this if the device is within its initial trial?
    If it is within the trial period, they should be offered a new replacement of the whole device.. This one must be after the trial period. Why would the warranty department not be able to help with this and give him a replacement battery door?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I've heard of quite a few folks here on PS having the same problem. I have exactly the opposite problem, mine is so tight I can hardly get it off. I mean this thing is like air-locked on. I guess I'm lucky though, I wouldn't want it to be loose.

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3
    My experience with ATT on this issue has made me decide to not re-sign whenever my contract is up. I bought 1 bold and 3 weeks in it died on me. Didn't bother me, I just went and exchanged it for a new one at the store because I was within 1 month. I then started having problems with my battery door about a week and a half later. Knowing that I was past the one month time frame, I called att warranty and they told me the "don't replace battery dorrs because that's a sign of abuse". No amount of arguing would change their minds. Last time I checked, the warranty was for the entire phone. An easy fix to a loose battery door is to run electrical tape across the door from top to bottom and side to side. One layer is not enough, you need to put two layers. This is the perfect thickness to compensate and my bold has never felt more solid.