So I dl'ed a new theme that I found on Pinstack through DM.When the app ... BlackBerry Bold forum

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Question Help.. everything on BB got erased :(

Advertisement

So I dl'ed a new theme that I found on Pinstack through DM.When the app loader was finished I looked on my BB and the theme went onto my device but everything got erased!!

I did have a back-up that I made recently and I put that back on my device.However, tasks, memos, brickbreaker, password keeper word mole, docs to go, and a few other things will not restore onto my device.

I went to the advanced backup/restore and I can see tasks, memos and all the others that are missing but I can't highlight on them and they won't let me use the arrow key to put it back on my device.

Nothing like this has ever happened before. It's no problem having to re-download all of my 3rd party applications, but I really need those applications that come with the device on there.

I have so many back-ups and I tried about 5 of them and they are all doing the same thing... I use password keeper, tasks and memo pad every day and I had important information on there..

-Does anyone know how I can restore those? Will I have to do an OS update to get everything back? If that is the case then I wouldn't be able to restore all my info in password keeper, tasks and memopad, right?

--there is also a note on the bottom of DM that says "Databases that are unavailable in the list have been configured for wireless synchronization or wireless backup and are read-only. You cannot restore or clear them."

My OS is AT&T's official: 4.6.0.304 and I am using DM v5.0.1
    Last edited by lauren25; 11-27-2009 at 06:36 PM.
    ~Lauren

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Ok, let's get the basics out of the way. I don't see how they could have gotten erased but, are the apps that you can't backup still on the device. If so, try using a different theme that you know works. see if that works then you know its theme related(not sure how yet). If they are on there and the old theme still has the same issue then I would delete all the apps that are causing me issues and hook up to DM and install them again. Then see if you can back up. Reloading the whole OS is one of the last options for me.

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Seeing as everything is gone anyway, a fresh install after wiping with bbsak would be my course of action. This will allow you to select the core apps you wish before using an older back up to restore the data...just my two cents (I hAve grown to dislike using the DM unless absolutely necessary, as bbsak allows for smooth wipes, backups, and reloads etc). Good luck! PS...applications such as smrtguard come in very handy when all else fails...for next time...

Thanks so much for the responses.. I was in a bit of a panic when I made this thread..

I ran the app loader again and I selected the things I was missing, then I ran my backup/restore and everything seems to have loaded correctly. When I have more time I will have to look to see everything that is missing and restore it.

Thanks again for the replies. I really appreciate it. I have seemed to resolved the problem.
    ~Lauren

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Glad to hear. I'm still curious as to what caused this issue to happen. I'm mean, just installing a theme should not cause this. The only thing that I can come up with is that maybe( I say this because I don't know, so its pure speculation) that when you went to install the theme it had other things checked (to uninstall) and that caused you to lose those core apps that you use. I know that I have disregarded the mumbo jumbo on that list before and not installed things I wanted. Just clicked next and that was that. I always like to find out the root cause of the issue before I resort to a wipe and install. No disrespect meant, but wiping and re installing may fix the issue but in my mind I didn't learn anything I didn't already know.
    Last edited by BHP77; 11-27-2009 at 09:09 PM.

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Good show! Have a good one!
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Very strange indeed! Never had that happen to any of my BBs
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; Droid Build/ESD20) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Last edited by lauren25; 12-08-2009 at 01:52 AM.
    ~Lauren