Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by gatechfireblade I basically can get a Bold delivered to me Friday for ... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by gatechfireblade View Post
    I basically can get a Bold delivered to me Friday for 725 from a reputable source. Anyone wanna help convince me that its worth the 400 dollar premium to pick one up now?
    Silly move if you ask me and I'm not making fun of you, just commenting on doing something like this.

1) You're throwing away 400 bucks.
    2) You're cheating yourself out of warranty coverage from AT&T
    3) It will not be optimized for AT&T's network therefore performance will suffer.
    4) It just makes no sense.

That's my take...

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    I'm with Archer 6. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Help me understand this "optimize for AT&T" part...
    torched!

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3
    Like I said... I already bought it. I'm glad I did too. I just picked up an iPhone and sold it lol. I paid like 50 bucks more by the end of it which was well worth it to have it now and not wait. Warranty isn't an issue IMO. I have called RIM directly and have had better CS than ATT could ever hope for. And honestly as far as performance, I don't ask for much. If it makes calls and gets edge I'm happy. 3g was never a selling point for any phone for me.
    Mechanical Engineering
    Georgia Institute of Technology
    2004 Honda CBR 1000RR "Fireblade"
    2006 Yamaha R6

Quote Originally Posted by joewoo View Post
    Help me understand this "optimize for AT&T" part...
    Sure, AT&T has very close working relationships with the manufacturers of the various brands they sell. In this case they have a long term history with RIM. As a result RIM tweaks the UI & OS to AT&T specs. This makes quite a difference. The reason I know this as fact is personal experience. Not only with BlackBerrys, but Nokia, and Moto smart phones. Thus my native AT&T BlackBerrys run a bit faster, and have no issues whatsoever. Conversely AT&T has high standards for RIM & others to meet. At the end of the day everyone benefits.

Fiasco no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20D434D0
    It's not worth it.
    "Be fair. Forgive. Be inspired. Inspire others."

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Optimize

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Sure, AT&T has very close working relationships with the manufacturers of the various brands they sell. In this case they have a long term history with RIM. As a result RIM tweaks the UI & OS to AT&T specs. This makes quite a difference. The reason I know this as fact is personal experience. Not only with BlackBerrys, but Nokia, and Moto smart phones. Thus my native AT&T BlackBerrys run a bit faster, and have no issues whatsoever. Conversely AT&T has high standards for RIM & others to meet. At the end of the day everyone benefits.
    Personally, I doubt there are any optimizations. If anything, it is just branding. Everyone is downloading beta firmware etc. What happens to your optimizations when you flash it with generic firmware?

I am no authority, this is purely my opinion.

If the $400 premium is too much, use your upgrade and get an iPhone, sell it on eBay and reduce your premium on the Bold

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    0oo0 i didnt kno these things... thx...

ive jumped for the bold and plan to sell my iphone 3g to make up the difference.... i think i lose out on the $100+ in cases ive spent though...
    Last edited by joewoo; 10-10-2008 at 08:04 AM. Reason: info
    torched!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco View Post
    It's not worth it.
    Ahhh the benefit of choices.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by joewoo View Post
    i think i lose out on the $100+ in cases ive spent though...
    i hear you i always spend so much on accessories and then i change device lol :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12