Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well my pearl is basically damaged and its 80 bucks to get it back to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3

Help convince me it's worth buying an unlocked Bold!

Advertisement

Well my pearl is basically damaged and its 80 bucks to get it back to where I want it. Not too bad, but I am going to buy the Bold when it comes out with ATT. I basically can get a Bold delivered to me Friday for 725 from a reputable source. I really want to buy it, because I am tired of waiting for ATT. Anyone wanna help convince me that its worth the 400 dollar premium to pick one up now versus waiting probably 1 month for it to come out on ATT?
    Mechanical Engineering
    Georgia Institute of Technology
    2004 Honda CBR 1000RR "Fireblade"
    2006 Yamaha R6

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    DEFINITELY. its AMAZING and if i hadnt gotten it on Rogers launch day and was like you in a country where its still not out i would have ordered it by now.
    Do a quick search and youll find all of my arguments.

dbltap no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you haven't read enough on all the forums about the Bold already.... there is nothing we can say in one post to improve it.

I wanted it. I have the money. I bought it. I'm happy.

What makes you happy only you can decide.

There are all kinds of folks who will never think a Bold is worth $400 extra. I've had it a month and am not looking back. Who knows when AT&T will really cut it loose.

Your money... you make the decision.

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just bought it... I figure since im outta contract, I can just buy an iphone 3g, unlock it, and sell it to recoupe all but 100 bucks of the 400 dollars premium...
    Mechanical Engineering
    Georgia Institute of Technology
    2004 Honda CBR 1000RR "Fireblade"
    2006 Yamaha R6

i LOVE my bold i couldnt even pay 400bucks for it even though im on rogers nad live on canada i had already used my upgrade but that didnt stop me i went ahead and shelled out 700bucks for it only thing that bothers me is sometimes is i hope to god we get the better browser upgrade that the storm is supposedly getting and other software updates

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by gatechfireblade View Post
    I just bought it... I figure since im outta contract, I can just buy an iphone 3g, unlock it, and sell it to recoupe all but 100 bucks of the 400 dollars premium...
    congratz!! and thats a good plan because its kinda like what i did.
    Bought the bold for 599CAD and sold my iPhone 3G 16gb white for 700CAD

Quote Originally Posted by MackDaddy135 View Post
    i LOVE my bold i couldnt even pay 400bucks for it even though im on rogers nad live on canada i had already used my upgrade but that didnt stop me i went ahead and shelled out 700bucks for it only thing that bothers me is sometimes is i hope to god we get the better browser upgrade that the storm is supposedly getting and other software updates
    upgrade to the latest OS it makes quite the differnece

haha i have but its still not as fast as expect it to be i hate to compare but the iphone 3g on my friends phone gets such better speeds

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    thats weird ... my Bold kills my old iPhone 3G's speed when on 3G ... hmm

SDU_Eric no está en línea Stack level 3
    At first I thought I could keep my Curve and be happy, but after using the keyboard on the Bold and the amazing screen, I am sorry, I can't go back to the Curve for a while. =D

Browser is better, so thats a plus!

3G, can't never complaint with faster speed!

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I shelled out full pop for it too.

If you are looking for negatives about the Bold, I have a few

The top row of buttons, (Talk, Menu, ESC, End) picks up oil from your fingers really easily. You have to constantly wipe it down. Same with the screen protector.

The Browser is really good compared to previous generations, but there is still lots of pages it cannot render.

Then of course, there is still the problems that plague all BlackBerries. Battery Life and Memory Leaks

But I would not trade it for any other phone.

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    All the cool kids do it. Besides, if you don't have a Bold, you are thrice as likely to get an STD. Its science.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

could it be that i live in a shitty 3G area? i live in North Vancouver and i have the latest OS also im not sure could it be that i have a bad bold? i mean i doubt it or maybe im just going to the wrong websites lol

Ge
    North Vancouver should be okay, I was recently in the lower mainland and I had no problems with 3G

hmm i have no problems with it staying on 3G but hmm here is just hoping to future firmwares to getting the speed right i sure when it comes out on AT&T there will be a new kick *** firmware to rock or unless we get the updates of 4.7

Ge
    4.7 is for the Storm, we will never see it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast