Ok, I’m puzzle with this situation I’m having with only my pictures on my media ... BlackBerry Bold forum

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

Help, Cannot view pictures on my media card anymore…

Advertisement

Ok, I’m puzzle with this situation I’m having with only my pictures on my media card. Everything else videos/docs/etc are viewable; However All ofmy pics all of a sudden cannot be displayed. I can see the names/folders/etc but to view the pics nothing shows up when I click on them. The media card is good, it’s being recognized by the BB, comp, and camera but some reason all sources cannot view the pictures anymore. The comp says the file format is not supported. All my pictures on my card are .jpg and they are not encrypted. Only thing I notice odd is when I look on the properties of the photos, it shows the orig date when the photos were created and a modified date. They were all modified on 4/10/11. I don’t know what could have happened on that date. At first I thought maybe I updated the OS and the pics got messed up but that’s the case, wouldn’t my other saved videos/docs get messed up as well? I also tried using FileScout to view the pics but cannot.

I can still save pics on the card now, and they are viewable but all the others that were modified on 4/10/11 I cannot view. I also tried the card in a diff model BB with a diff OS,

Anyone have any clues as to what might have happened and possible suggestions to rectify this problem so I may view my pictures again? I have a 8GBcard and have over 1GB left of memory.
    Thanks

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    If you have a card reader maybe you could put everything on your pc and reformat and reload and see if that makes any difference. Kinda wierd that it will show you the pics but not the option. Sometimes things are a bit mind boggling in the smartphone world

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Before you reformat the pictures may have become protected (inadvertantly), can you see if they are jpg.rem as the extra extension? You could try doing the following Options -> Advanced Options -> Media Card, and set the Encryption Mode to "None." May help.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    You may be able to transfer the pictures to your computer with Desktop Manager as well, when it does the transfer it should remove the encryption (if this is the problem). It seems to be a strange problem though. Did you password protect you phone on the 4/10/11, or if you are on BES (company phone) did your company change any security settings? Just a few thoughts

PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    This is just so puzzling.

PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Yes, this was the first this I checked. It's not protected, Thanks - just ordinary jpg. NO encryption is enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    Before you reformat the pictures may have become protected (inadvertantly), can you see if they are jpg.rem as the extra extension? You could try doing the following Options -> Advanced Options -> Media Card, and set the Encryption Mode to "None." May help.

PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Thanks, tried this option, still didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    If you have a card reader maybe you could put everything on your pc and reformat and reload and see if that makes any difference. Kinda wierd that it will show you the pics but not the option. Sometimes things are a bit mind boggling in the smartphone world

PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Phone has always been password protected. I have no idea watch changed on 4/10/11 to modify my pics on my media card. Only thing I will try is chg my OS.

You may be able to transfer the pictures to your computer with Desktop Manager as well, when it does the transfer it should remove the encryption (if this is the problem). It seems to be a strange problem though. Did you password protect you phone on the 4/10/11, or if you are on BES (company phone) did your company change any security settings? Just a few thoughts

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Are you on BIS or BES?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    This is truly strange. have you tried looking at the pictures with some of the photoshop type software. Things like PaintShop Pro or Corel can often recognize. different formats. Have you checked if the size of pictures has changed

Another option would be photo recovery software which can often recover corrupted files

PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Yes I Tried two camera softwares (Sony and Olympus) and they are not recognizing the format as well.But it use to, just don't know what changed. No the sizes were not changed.

This is truly strange. have you tried looking at the pictures with some of the photoshop type software. Things like PaintShop Pro or Corel can often recognize. different formats. Have you checked if the size of pictures has changed

Another option would be photo recovery software which can often recover corrupted files

PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    BIS. I will look for a recovery corrupt file software as well.

Thanks

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Corel do some, plus Sandisk they often have a free trial which would be worth doing just to make sure it is the problem It is good that the file size has not changed

i had a problem on my PC the other day i was unable to read the pictures as i had moved them as administrator so they were locked to other users i had to log back in as an administrator and st the permission for all users to open them could this be possible?

PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Ok, Thanks I will look into those softwares. I'm the only user on my laptop. Therefore I'm always log as the administrator. I will chk if other comps can read it but doubt if if I tried other phones and cameras.

Corel do some, plus Sandisk they often have a free trial which would be worth doing just to make sure it is the problem It is good that the file size has not changed

i had a problem on my PC the other day i was unable to read the pictures as i had moved them as administrator so they were locked to other users i had to log back in as an administrator and st the permission for all users to open them could this be possible?