Hi to all. I just got my new Blackbverry bold 9700 6 days ago. already ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ernie5 no está en línea Stack level 1

Help blackberry bold 9700 scratched screen

Advertisement

Hi to all. I just got my new Blackbverry bold 9700 6 days ago. already i have a scratch on the screen. i am still under the 14 day warranty. i went back to the guy who sold it to me and ask him what can i do. he said nothing. i said you mean i cant give it back and get another? he said no. but he is a real nice guy and helped me a lot. I am new to these new cell phones and i am 58 yrs old. figured id come on here and you guys will steer me in the right direction. what can i do. i tried to rub out the scratch a little but nothing. i even went to a cell phone repair place and he said you have to replace the whole screen and teh cost is 130 bucks. so you can se im screwed. Is there anything that will take out this scratch. its only a liyttle scratch but it looks a bit deep and it really makes me sick everytime i use the phone. I was going to just make believe i didnt like the phone then get another phone maybe the my touch then keep that for 2 days then go back and tell them i dont like it and get a BB bold9700 again brand nnew with no scratch. But i cant do that and its not right. besides if i do that the sales clerk will maybe see the scratch and say i cant return it. i just dont know what to do. any suggestions. it breaks my heart to see the scratch every time the phone rings. oh BTW when i got the phone the guy didnt even ask me if i wanted a screen protector. and i didnt know better myself but i wish he would have said it. but like i said the guy was great. i even asked him if i can get another phone and he said i cant cause in that store other sales people came over when i showed him my scratch. If anyone replys just keep in mind i dont understand phones like you guys do i am so new to all this cell phone stuff. Thanks

sorry for the long post. i guess i have to accept this scratch and live with this for 2 yrs til the contract ius up right?
    Thanks for anby ideas. Ill try anything.
    Ernie

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Try applesauce or something similar. I have not used it but have heard people said they got good results. Also you could order the replacement screen cover part from www.cnn.cn and do it yourself, but you will void your warranty by doing that.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I thought in the first 30 days you could return it for ANY reason...

clintro no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2162CC11
    Not for physical damage. But yes your best bet is to either replace it yourself (voids your warranty) or deal with it.

Please put screen protectors on these devices when you get them!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by clintro View Post
    Please put screen protectors on these devices when you get them!
    Amen!

I purchased a product called Novus, which contains a three-step system to keep your devices in top shape. I immediately polish the device, then put all the protection on that I can! In my case, I use the Seidio Innocase 360, which has integrated screen and keyboard protection. Novus also has products for small scratches and deep scratches as you've described. I bought the kit that contains all three, but I've also heard, as azstar suggested, that the applesauce product is very good.

At any rate, get yourself situated with some screen protection for that thing! Hope you can resolve your scratch issue.

clintro no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2162CC11
    Roger... love your PIN!!!!! hahahaha

LOL! Thanks. I think of my 5 year old son every time I see it.

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    My advice is you can say you lost it n then they'll give you a new one n then you can sell the old one for your unsurance for the new one

Yeah, let's commit insurance fraud because of a scratched screen.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    and thats the reason why insurance companies charge a lot!
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    My advice-dont commit fraud and deal with it. If youre really picky, sell the phone, add a little cash to what you get and buy a new one. This time have the rep you buy it from put a screen protector on in the store when they activate it.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

mschoonie87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21940E4B
    Another solution that has popped up on here a good number of times is to try rain-ex or meguilar's gold car wax. Tried this on my curve a couple years ago with decent results. Just a possibilty. Another thing with which I have had some success is scratch remover for glasses just make sure that if you use this you follow the instructions exactly otherwise the screen may become cloudy.

Director447 no está en línea Stack level 2
    The only way to get a scratch off is to go to a jewelry store and get a small quantity of Jewelers Rouge , it is a very fine red powder use to polish diamonds, use a SMALL amount on a cloth and you can polish the scratch off the screen. We used to use it on car windshields if there was a scratch on the windshield from a bad wind shield wiper, to avoid changing the windshield. Director447

maevro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21671C22
    I suggest using http://www.dealsishop.com over cnn.cn

Personally I have had issues with cnn.cn

http://www.dealsishop.com is located in Delaware. I am in NYC and standard shipping gets me my products in 2 days. I have changed screens, housing, etc. My 9700 is totally custom and beautiful. Make sure you have the T-Screw Drivers and the screen is very easy to replace.