phone was on charge last night in the dock, by 5pm today i had 20% ... BlackBerry Bold forum

stolt no está en línea Stack level 3

help, battery life just going super fast when the phone isnt doing anything

Advertisement

phone was on charge last night in the dock, by 5pm today i had 20% battery and i have done less on it today than what i normally do during a week day. did battery pull and its going quickly again. is this a issue others have had?

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    What apps do you have running on the BB? In particular what do you have running in the background? That is what comes up when you hold the blackberry key down?
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had the same problem. My problem was that I was leaving the WIFI and Bluetooth running all the time, so it was looking for connection constantly and draining the battery. Could that be your issue also?

mschoonie87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21940E4B
    Take a look at your battery connections and make sure they are nice and shiny if they are not you may have corrosion causing a short.

stolt no está en línea Stack level 3
    i have ubert witter and facebook on my phone but i cant see any apps running in the bakground after holding down the blackberry button.

PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Quote Originally Posted by Milt View Post
    I had the same problem. My problem was that I was leaving the WIFI and Bluetooth running all the time, so it was looking for connection constantly and draining the battery. Could that be your issue also?
    Turning off wifi and bluetooth (and GPS) when not in use can be VERY helpful to battery life. Holstering, or turning off the cell radio when in extremely poor coverage areas is a good idea too, basements for example.

Quote Originally Posted by stolt View Post
    i have ubert witter and facebook on my phone but i cant see any apps running in the background after holding down the blackberry button.
    Twitter or facebook clients could be a culprit, it may be checking for updates too often and thus draining the battery.
    Rich C.

Ransomed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASk
    Ok. I have had my 9700 loss than a week and I am seeing this too. I have disabled my bluetooth, opted manual conn on the wifi and extended the update times on my berryweather. Hopefully this will keep it from dropping so fast. Ugh.

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    UberTwitter has an option very late in the setup of the Options that asks if you want this to run in the background... by default it is On... you have to uncheck the checkbox that asks you "Move to background on close".

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Ubertwitter is likely the culprit.

Turning off WiFi or BT saves little battery from my past experience and they pretty well go into sleep mode unless being used. ASoftware is likely the culprit! Turn it off and see.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Ransomed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASk
    After a week of fighting this I drained the battery completely. Took it out of the phone. Swabbed the connections on both and blew them out. It has now been a day and a half with all my apps running and the battery life has been great. I just hope this isn't a fluke. Lol. Love the phone and now I can use it to full capacity! Woohoo!

PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Sometimes too, it just takes the battery a few charging cycles to get up to full power.
    Rich C.

maevro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21671C22
    Lit-Ion Batteries need 2-3 FULL cycles to maximize the battery life, I used to be a RIM rep. HTC and other companies also told me the same thing as I worked for them too.

I also suggest Seidio's OEM size extended battery. 20% extra power really is a lot, I am a heavy user of email, sms, twitter, fb, weater, etc and ALWAYS on 3G and I usually never charge my phone at night.