No matter how many times download and install the app world it will remove itseld ... BlackBerry Bold forum

devilsadidas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Question HELP App World keeps removing itself from my BB?????

Advertisement

No matter how many times download and install the app world it will remove itseld off my phone. I just did this 2 hrs ago to dl a stock app and guess what now the app world is gone! its not under options>applications or anything but when I re-download it and install it if goto "My World" itlists all apps I have downloaded and installed through the app world. this is more frustrating than when ou tell app world to delete an app and the only thing it does is archive it. Any advice from anyone short of reinstalling the OS?

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    May sound obvious, but have you tried removing the app altogether before reinstalling it? I had this same problem with app world some time back and it turned out to be the leaked OS I was using as I found others who had the same bug. If no other apps are giving you issues, I'm reluctant to say it's the OS, but I never discount any possibility. My first guess would be to remove app world, reboot, then do a fresh install and see if that clears it up.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

dtour77 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Must be issues with App World. Everytime I select it, I get the neverending hourglass. I have uninstalled and rebooted, threw in a couple battery pulls and no luck. Hopefully there a fix out there soon.

devilsadidas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    i have the standard OS that came witht he 9700 and yes i have tried to uninstall it right after a reinstall(just getting it back on the device) i think i'm going to just try to put a diff carriers OS on it

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    You might want to call your carrier on this one and see if they will escalate your call to RIM. I have never heard of this problem, but I'm sure RIM would want to help you get to the bottom of it.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    My next step would be to reinstall the OS. There is a newer release for the 9700. If that doesn't solve the problem, then I'd have to say it's those darn gremlins again.

carol73 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    215B0111
    I'm having the sa$e problem every once in a while with my 9700, my OS is still the t-mobile one, .330 and I'm afraid to do the ugrade myself.. But what can it be that my Blackberry app world disappears?...

medleyml no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30503A19
    I, too am having this happen running the preinstalled .330!

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T
    the issue happens if you delete an app you've downloaded/installed with appworld by using the menu>delete function on the home screen. for some reason, it hides the appworld icon. to avoid this, be sure to uninstall any apps you obtained from appworld via the "my world" page in appworld itself.