i already know that someone has asked about the bold being on tmobile but it ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jayeburd22 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DB9E2

HELP about tmo bold

Advertisement

i already know that someone has asked about the bold being on tmobile but it didnt really answer my question. ok the problem is.. i left tmobile to go to att to get the iphone. after a month switched back to tmo to get the lx. lol now i got the google crap. anyways my problem is that i am going to get the bold. i just dont know if i should pay the 500 unlocked on ebay and risk my PIN not working along with the browser or go back to AT&T and pay 1000 everymonth... lol...... can someone just explain to me what precautions should i take with getting a unlocked bold with tmobile and what steps would i have to take to make sure the phone works properly... thanks for all ur help...

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hey.

I bought a Att bold. I unlocked and put my tmo sim in it. It worked fine but I had to get the browser working because It wasn't a full unlock just the sim unlock. After I updated the os and found a way to get the browser working; I haven't had any issue with the bold. It has been working perfect for the past 2 weeks.

Go for it. Don'T let other deter because of the 3g not working. I have been running EDGE and it runs fast. Go for it. If you need help with the set up, let me know and I will help you.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

jayeburd22 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DB9E2
    ok i might do that because i dont wanna go through the number change and all that but my buddy at tmo was like he could send me some software once i get the phone... im confused lol but i been hearing about unlocked bolds having PIN issues. do u have a pin that works on yours? and what did u do to get it fully unlocked FULLY.. and where did u go to get the latest OS. im sorry for all the questions i just dont wanna loose 500.. lol

lacroixn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    27FFB707
    jayeburd

Take some time and read through all the threads in this forum and others, re bold on tmo. All your questions will be answered. Then you can make an educated decision.

good luck
    Dont sweat the small stuff, hell dont sweat anything!

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    I bought mine from a user on ebay. He sells out of canada, the phones are roger labeled with red tagged number pad. planneau is correct by mentioning that the browser needed hacking for it to work on tmobile network.

1.) My pin works just fine. I did a full backup of my 8800 then later moved the bb messenger profiles over to the new 9000 phone. So now all my profiles are safely restored into my 9000.

2.) Follow this link, http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/how...tml#post877720

-- That will help you get your browser working fine with tmobile network. ^^^

3.) With EDGE speeds, I was watching youtube impressively well and only buffered about 3-4 times in a 4min video. Using Wifi with my fast home internet, It -never- buffered at all. I also downloaded a program called Viigo with the wifi connection and that was insanely FAST!

4.) So far so good, Call quality is very good and ppl can now hear me well compared to my 17month old 8800 where the mic was dying a slow death.

5.) My emails are working well too. After hacking the browser and rebooting, resend the service books based on that link I gave above.

Full web browsing is awesome, full html emails look very good on the dense ppi 65k screen.

hope that helps abit.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

jayeburd no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks for all ur help and sorry for not searching throught the forums. but is it possible to get the service books sent from my buddy at tmobile directly. he showed me on their cpu a list of software that can be sent ota. i really want it unlocked but i know im gonna get confused trying to set it up. maybe i should practice on my google. lmao