Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

I am starting to feel like I don't want it anymore. There are so many ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jay_d83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20D0FCBC

Advertisement

I am starting to feel like I don't want it anymore. There are so many things that I can see my self buying with 350 bucks if it gets delayed one more time. I have however sold my curve and pearl just for this phone. We will see when the day actually gets here.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by jay_d83 View Post
    I am starting to feel like I don't want it anymore. There are so many things that I can see my self buying with 350 bucks~
    I certainly understand how you feel, as I'm feeling the same way.

What are you using for a phone now? And if you decided to _not_ buy a Bold what would you use for a phone? All questions I bet a lot of people are asking themselves...good post!
    Cheers
    sent via BlackBerry

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Ill get the bold when its $99 w/contract.

Concept Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    10points for Concept there.
    Where's the trust points then???

quassi61 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21933bd3
    Nope I've had mine for 3 weeks now

jay_d83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20D0FCBC
    Right now I'm using my wife's curve but I'm not sure how long she will allow that bc she is usin the razor. Lol. She isn't as crazy as that phone as she once was now that she has experienced the BB way!! I will get another curve if I don't end up with the bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Concept View Post
    Where's the trust points then???
    I say this is good humor, not being critical, as I found out the hard way and had some trust points deducted when I teased someone about giving me trust points.... so be careful....

Cheers
    a few trust points lighter...

Quote Originally Posted by jay_d83 View Post
    Right now I'm using my wife's curve but I'm not sure how long she will allow that bc she is usin the razor. Lol. She isn't as crazy as that phone as she once was now that she has experienced the BB way!! I will get another curve if I don't end up with the bold.
    Thanks for your response, as I was just curious and had an idea to share. I don't know if you've seen my other post, but there is a serious rumor (from my corp rep) that there is a new 3G Curve with WiFi & GPS in the pipeline headed for AT&T at some point reasonably soon. My _guess_ is after the Bold drops, so as to not take any attention away from it. Frankly I have become jaded about the Bold, and considering that I'm not into multimedia on my mobile communications device, I love my Curve 8310 with just two exceptions. I NEED (not want) 3G, as I do some serious work over the web, and I need WiFi as it's at home, my office, Starbucks, and nearly every hotel I stay in. WiFi is my primary connection to the web with my ThinkPad laptop. Thus for me a new Curve with WiFi would be the best!

Cheers

brandonmccall no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Am I still excited about the Bold? No.
    Am I still interested? Yes.
    As you may or may not know, I'm making the transition from AT&T to Sprint-- from an iPhone 3G to an 8330 in order to save myself $60/month [$720/year.]
    And as much as I loved my previous Blackberry-- (an 8310) I can't help but to feel as though I'm settling for a Curve. It just strikes me as so basic now. The Bold would remedy my desire for a more current, feature-rich device. So I'm still in high anticipation of it's release [on Sprint.]
    b r a n d o n m c c a l l

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions."
    -Oliver Wendell Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by brandonmccall View Post
    as much as I loved my previous Blackberry-- (an 8310) I can't help but to feel as though I'm settling for a Curve. It just strikes me as so basic now. The Bold would remedy my desire for a more current, feature-rich device. So I'm still in high anticipation of it's release [on Sprint.]
    I can relate to your particular desire for the latest device. You are very right when it comes to the level of multimedia improvements and exanded capabilities the Bold is the phone to have. I'm usually that way and had the Bold been on time I would not have had months and months to reconsider. Even though I knew up front what the Bold was going to be like in terms of added features, OS/UI etc, I no longer have that burning desire to have it just because it's the latest.

My BlackBerry is 100% mission critical for me. It's my land line / mobile line / everything phone. I travel a lot for business and pleasure and must have a reliable, stable, device that will enable me to stay connected through email / voice / sms, therefore the Curve 8310 that I have used for the last year (far longer than I ususally use one phone) has proven to be a great choice for me. Rarely am I this satisfied, but this model does 90% of everything I need, nothing I don't need, has terrific battery life, and is dead reliable.

In fact along those lines I've heard unofficially there will be a new Curve sold through AT&T with 3G/WiFi/GPS sometime after the Bold is released. This new Curve would meet 100% of my needs as I use WiFi everywhere. Home / Office / Starbucks / Hotels, etc. And when away from WiFi, 3G is a nice compromise. Therefore I'm going to be waiting and watching to see if this comes true. There is a certain appeal to simplicity and "basic" that assures me that I will be able to operate in a fast efficient manor.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I doubt there will be a 3G Javelin. I think it is just a rumor someone started. There is nothing that I have seen to back up that claim.

I am not sure why RIM is not embracing 3G. Maybe it is a battery issue.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    I doubt there will be a 3G Javelin. I think it is just a rumor someone started. There is nothing that I have seen to back up that claim.

I am not sure why RIM is not embracing 3G. Maybe it is a battery issue.

thats exactly what im thinking. The bold definitely doesnt have the curve's battery life (altho mine does last 2full days with heavy usage) but yeah, that is probably why.

kay_jacksonfvr no está en línea Stack level 1
    I can agree with most of you, I work for ATT and I too have been waiting abd I wish I knew wht the hold up is but like many of you I don't. But agin like most of you I'm very happy with my curve and I don't think at this moment I will change it. It would feel like cheating

quassi61 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21933bd3
    The reason for the Javeilin not being 3G is that they want to make it a UMA device at this point both technologies do not work together (unsure as to why) that is why the BOLD is unable to do the UMA even though it has the WI-FI I've confirmed this with RIM that the Bold will be unable to do this at anytime because it has the 3G even with it turned off it won't be able to do it. Sorry for those people loving the look of the Javeilin and looking for 3G too. I wish I had better news for you but at this time the 2 world don't collide however this may change in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    I doubt there will be a 3G Javelin. I think it is just a rumor someone started.~
    I've not heard that rumor. I have seen the FCC filing which clearly indicates its EDGE.

That's why there is a strong possibility of a 3G Curve. RIM is embracing 3G at it's own typical slow pace, which is not bad really. It assures us it will be very well sorted out by the time it ships. I like that approach. .
    sent via BlackBerry

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast