Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Originally Posted by NICKY88XX ill tell you one thing since i got the rogers bold ... BlackBerry Bold forum

blackberryjay no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX View Post
    ill tell you one thing since i got the rogers bold unlocked i could care less about the att bold release.. i think its insain how long its taking them to release it
    Sweet..maybe I should consider getting an unlocked Bold myself...Sprint is def gonna take way longer then AT&T...sucks...

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Nooo

Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    You have to understand that it is RIM's responsibility to configure the device to run on AT&T's network. So if the device doesn't work, then RIM has to get it fixed. Plenty of other phones besides the Bold and iPhones run flawlessly on 3G. My wife's iPhone has had far better 3G service among other things since the 2.1 release so that led me to believe it was more device than network. These devices come with so many different frequencies, it takes a lot more time to get ALL the kinks worked out. I wish they would have been able to find these issues out earlier, but they can only find them out as soon as RIM gets the device to them. I would say that both are equally at fault. AT&T for not pushing on RIM to get the device right sooner, and RIM for not getting the device right.
    I don't think this is correct. If RIM can't get the Bold to work on the AT&T network, then how do you account for all those unlocked Rogers Units roaming the network?

I firmly believe that RIM built a unit that conforms to the GSM standard. This is a world standard. So if it doesn't work on AT&T, it is the AT&T network that is not pure GSM. They have to get their act together. The hold up is definitely on their end. Not RIM.

RIM designed the unit to work on all GSM frequencies, they then release the units to all the carriers to test on their network. If there are issues, the carriers has to tell RIM. You can't expect RIM to be all over the world walking around with Bolds looking for errors.

To me, this is common sense. I think it is purely AT&T delaying the release, not RIM. It makes no sense for RIM to lose the largest market in the world.

Fiasco no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20D434D0
    Interest faded a while ago... My 8800 ball has been acting up, and I was waiting for the Bold to replace it... Now I'm just going to get at&t to swap out for another 8800 and keep it moving.

I've been eligible to upgrade for over 6 months now... just waiting on that Bold... Wait another couple of months? I think not.
    "Be fair. Forgive. Be inspired. Inspire others."

supafli20 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quite simply, yes I have lost some (but not all) interest in the bold. Given the recent announcement of the G1, I'm now more intrigued by it than the bold. It is incredibly frustrating to see this phone out all across the world and have to continue waiting here with no hint as to when it is released.

As for who is to blame, I think both att and rimm share blame. I'm frustrated that rimm has not pushed att to release this device. Given rimm's recent financial reports they should be pushing for the #1 blackberry provider to release its best device ever. Instead it seems they have devoted ALL resources to the storm and forgotten about the bold now that its out everywhere else in the world.

However, the majority of the blame has to be put on att. How they have not yet released this device is beyond me. I don't buy the argument that they are in apple's pocket. There is a loyal blackberry fan base (see pinstack) that is dying for this phone and haven't given a single thought to the iphone. Personally, I hate att as a carrier and am killing myself for having to switch to them if the bold is ever released. This whole debacle just shows how little they care about their customers.

So in conclusion, I have lost interest but I hope my faith in the blackberry is restored with the actual release of the BOLD.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Concept Guest
    Its just funny how AT&T, who is RIM's biggest pusher in the states bashes the storm and RIM doesn't take offense. Because of that simple fact, I'd make T Mobile my major player in the states. I know the 3G network is a little behind (but not all that far behind anymore) but their data plans are cheaper than any other carrier, their CS support is great and RIM could help push TMO over the top and be a major player in the US. The roles could reverse and let TMO get all the great BB's first with exclusives for 6 months then let AT&T get the kiddie/consumer first BB's like the pearl and pearl flip.
    Last edited by Concept; 10-04-2008 at 05:10 AM.

guruleenyc no está en línea Stack level 2
    From a 7520, to a 8800, to 8820 and now the soon to be [BOLD]. I've grown very patient in a market that's always going behave this way.... ;-)

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Concept View Post
    Its just funny how AT&T, who is RIM's biggest pusher in the states doesn't take offense to them bashing the storm. Because of that simple fact, I'd make T Mobile my major player in the states. I know the 3G network is a little behind (but not all that far behind anymore) but their data plans are cheaper than any other carrier, their CS support is great and RIM could help push TMO over the top and be a major player in the US. The roles could reverse and let TMO get all the great BB's first with exclusives for 6 months then let AT&T get the kiddie/consumer first BB's like the pearl and pearl flip.
    100% agree with this statement. good point

phiv5e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217F515F
    yes.... but i still want it..

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Looks like it has been postponed again!!!!!
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...launch-delays/

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    oh wow ... but yeah just as i was saying 2-3 of november is the day its gonna happen (thats just my guess lol)

Raven71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F7DCD
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)

ATT problem interesting since my daughters Razer has no problem.
    My friends Iphone which did have a problem works with the 2.1 upgrade.
    Now I wonder if the RIM stock suggest the way people feel. Seems like RIM cut their earnings based on the 2 new models.

AirwolfUK no está en línea Stack level 2
    I was thinking of waiting for the thunder, but my Bold arrived yesterday. Initial impression is very positive.

The keyboard is good and the screen amazing!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    You have to understand that it is RIM's responsibility to configure the device to run on AT&T's network. So if the device doesn't work, then RIM has to get it fixed. Plenty of other phones besides the Bold and iPhones run flawlessly on 3G.
    Precisely! I could not agree more. As I mentioned before, I've been using several different 3G smartphones on AT&T's 3G network for over a year now and they all function very well. Speed is great and with all the traveling I do all over CA, I have no problems.

Concept Guest
    From Engadget---------"We've long since known that RIM's BlackBerry Bold was AT&T bound, but in case you haven't noticed, the rumored October 2nd release date has come and went, and there's nary a Bold on any of AT&T's store shelves. According to RIM co-CEO Mike Lazaridis, the handset is still undergoing testing at AT&T, suggesting that it wanted to avoid the complaints that arose when the newest iPhone hit in July. AT&T spokesman Mark Siegel remained mum on the subject when asked, only affirming that the handset would eventually be available this year. Ah well, you've been looking for a reason to vacation in Chile, haven't you?"
    Link

Isn't that exactly what I said?
    Last edited by Concept; 10-03-2008 at 08:38 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    10points for Concept there.
    This part kills me :
    AT&T spokesman Mark Siegel remained mum on the subject when asked, only affirming that the handset would eventually be available this year

As is theres even a slight chance that ATT wouldnt get it by this years end.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast