Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

You guys do realize that your frustrations with the bold should be focused on AT&T ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Concept Guest

Advertisement

You guys do realize that your frustrations with the bold should be focused on AT&T and not RIM right? The bold has been released in many countries already its just AT&T and their damn fragile 3G network that is holding up the bold.

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Concept View Post
    You guys do realize that your frustrations with the bold should be focused on AT&T and not RIM right? The bold has been released in many countries already its just AT&T and their damn fragile 3G network that is holding up the bold.
    Why should I focus my frustrations toward ATT. It's a free country, they are allowed to run their busines how they wan't, and they are not the only wirless provider. If I don't like it I don't have to use them.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    it completely killed it for me. i was so excited when this was first coming out. now i could care less. i highly doubt i'm going to get it when it does come out (if ever). the javelin would be a better choice imo.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzdoss View Post
    Why should I focus my frustrations toward ATT. It's a free country, they are allowed to run their busines how they wan't, and they are not the only wirless provider. If I don't like it I don't have to use them.
    Very well said!

Also, I agree with your earlier post, 3G is also something that would be a huge advantage for me, simply because if the speed increase while on the net. I'm very mobile and need access throughout the day. So I will buy either a Bold or a 3G Curve from AT&T depending on which one is released first.

Cheers....

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yeah it IS true that ATT is not to be blamed i mean it came out everywhere else, clearly they have their own reasons (xmas sales) and it is a BUSINESS after all they are here to make profit before making the customer happy. sad but true ...

Concept Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzdoss View Post
    You can be upset with whoever you please. All I was saying is that the hold up is not RIM, the hold up is with AT&T. If the bold has been released everywhere else in the world than the bold is obviously good to go and ready for the market. But AT&T is holding it up because of all their 3G complaints that they are also getting with the iPhone. All kinds of problems like holding on to unusable 3G signals instead of switching to EDGE, dropping calls while switching between the networks and stuff like that. I'm sure AT&T is getting enough complaints about the iPhone to pile on with more of the same complaints with the highly anticipated Bold.

I just think its funny that AT&T has this exclusive for the Bold and many other Blackberries in the past but yet they are running their own internal hate campaign against the Storm, hyping the iPhone versus the Storm.

But its a free world, hate whoever you please, dislike whoever you please, be upset with whoever you please. Its your right to do so.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    All I was saying is that the hold up is not RIM, the hold up is with AT&T
    AT&T is holding it up because of all their 3G complaints that they are also getting with the iPhone. All kinds of problems like holding on to unusable 3G signals instead of switching to EDGE, dropping calls while switching between the networks and stuff like that.
    There seems to be a misunderstanding. For well over a year I have been using 3G smart phones on the AT&T network that have all been very fast due to the high quality of AT&T's network. I have used several HTC models like the AT&T 8525, and several others that I have purchased direct from Hong Kong, models that are unbranded & unlocked. Phones that are very advanced & will finally be coming to the US in the coming months. I've also used the Blackjack, the Moto-Q and everyone has functioned well on AT&T's 3G network. However you must remember that these are phones built by experienced proven mobile phone manufacturers. Not a company like Apple who's still trying to figure out how to make one good phone. I have had both the original iPhone & now the 3G model, & Apple still does not understand how to build a phone. They are bug ridden. The web experience on the iPhone is quite good & that's because Apple has morphed into an entertainment company. So bottom line? It's the iPhone and it's well documented as the problem.

kenvan60 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f4e3a6
    yeah. The wait AND the price!

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    At first, I was looking forward to the many different anticipated "dates" rumored. As many crackberry addicts, I have been anticipating the launch of the Bold in the US. All I have to say is that if RIM is going to take THAT LONG to launch the Bold in the US, the least they can do is lower the pricing. Also, they should make sure that there are NO software glitches. I was really looking forward to the rumored October 2nd launch date, but now, I'm like "eh".
    More or less, I think it's real shady that RIM never set an official launch date for the BOLD whereas the iPhone had a real set date.

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Very well said!

Also, I agree with your earlier post, 3G is also something that would be a huge advantage for me, simply because if the speed increase while on the net. I'm very mobile and need access throughout the day. So I will buy either a Bold or a 3G Curve from AT&T depending on which one is released first.

Cheers....
    I cringe every time I use the wifes pearl on Sprint, its so darn smokin fast. Like I said in my previous post, no Sprint or Verizon reception at work so I have to wait for the bold. Thanks for the vote of confidence. F

for a forum thats for blackberry fans there is sure alot of uncalled for bashing towards RIM lol

scorpiodsu no está en línea Stack level 2
    You can be upset with whoever you please. All I was saying is that the hold up is not RIM, the hold up is with AT&T. If the bold has been released everywhere else in the world than the bold is obviously good to go and ready for the market. But AT&T is holding it up because of all their 3G complaints that they are also getting with the iPhone. All kinds of problems like holding on to unusable 3G signals instead of switching to EDGE, dropping calls while switching between the networks and stuff like that. I'm sure AT&T is getting enough complaints about the iPhone to pile on with more of the same complaints with the highly anticipated Bold.

I just think its funny that AT&T has this exclusive for the Bold and many other Blackberries in the past but yet they are running their own internal hate campaign against the Storm, hyping the iPhone versus the Storm.

But its a free world, hate whoever you please, dislike whoever you please, be upset with whoever you please. Its your right to do so.

You have to understand that it is RIM's responsibility to configure the device to run on AT&T's network. So if the device doesn't work, then RIM has to get it fixed. Plenty of other phones besides the Bold and iPhones run flawlessly on 3G. My wife's iPhone has had far better 3G service among other things since the 2.1 release so that led me to believe it was more device than network. These devices come with so many different frequencies, it takes a lot more time to get ALL the kinks worked out. I wish they would have been able to find these issues out earlier, but they can only find them out as soon as RIM gets the device to them. I would say that both are equally at fault. AT&T for not pushing on RIM to get the device right sooner, and RIM for not getting the device right.

Concept Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    You have to understand that it is RIM's responsibility to configure the device to run on AT&T's network. So if the device doesn't work, then RIM has to get it fixed. Plenty of other phones besides the Bold and iPhones run flawlessly on 3G. My wife's iPhone has had far better 3G service among other things since the 2.1 release so that led me to believe it was more device than network. These devices come with so many different frequencies, it takes a lot more time to get ALL the kinks worked out. I wish they would have been able to find these issues out earlier, but they can only find them out as soon as RIM gets the device to them. I would say that both are equally at fault. AT&T for not pushing on RIM to get the device right sooner, and RIM for not getting the device right.
    I can agree with that.

blackberryjay no está en línea Stack level 3
    The wait def messed me up...I'm def less excitied...if they only can surprise and release a phone when they say they are....I'm a sprint carrier and it seems were looking at 09...lol.... Can't wait..hurry up Bold
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ill tell you one thing since i got the rogers bold unlocked i could care less about the att bold release.. i think its insain how long its taking them to release it
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast