Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by ranxoren give them some time, this is their 2nd phone and already ... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    give them some time, this is their 2nd phone and already its roaring everywhere in the world. I, too, have been using macs since i can remember. Name ONE thing ONE single thing that a mac cant do.
    You are correct, I have no problem agreeing with you, after all it _is_ only the 2nd phone. It's just that I have somewhat of a love/hate relationship with Apple. They do so many things so well, world class industrial designs, (some) really great products, with potential for more if they would only pay a little closer attention to their customers. Terrific out of box experience. Packaging that is like an art form. And yet when they get off track, they really get off track. So many missed opportunities, (Newton), and then such bungling of some of the opportunities they latch onto.

Also your point well taken, I have OS X Leopard, Ubuntu Linux & XP Pro all running on my MBP. And yet it's the _Fifth_ Yes FIFTH! new MBP in a row (in four weeks) , I purchased the first one from the Apple store, and it would not connect consistently and stay connected to any WiFi network. For me that is a problem as I use WiFi at home, office, Starbucks, hotels I stay at when traveling, thus in short it's my net connection.. period. l exhausted the "genius bar", when calling tech support all they could say was it was a "known issue" and to take it back to the store. So I did, and while they were very nice, nonetheless I had to repack it & return it. They gave me another new one in a sealed box..... same issue! Due to my desire to "get a good one" and be able to enjoy the lastest MBP, I went through this for Five new MBPs! True Story. Not one of the five had a functional airport system....Yikes! Never did get one that had working WiFi. But hey, it's only their top of the line model, who am I to expect it to have working WiFi like every other bargain basement laptop?

Anyway I think you can appreciate the frustration of my recent MBP experience, of just two months ago. Then conversely I've had some Mac Laptops that were perfect. In fact I still have my 2002 PowerBook Ti G4, that will hold a WiFi connection no matter what! Therefore like I said, you gotta love the BlackBerry....

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Windows is windows, Apple is Apple. Of course i hate apple i been hooked on windows for a long time but anywayz windows dont make computer its just an OS, on the other side apple makes computers and electronics thats why its popular wit the fancy *** ipod and ****. If windows came up wit something like that it would pwn appels asssssss

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4
    i will never lose interest.....until a newer bb comes out lol
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I've had mine for a month... So the wait hasn't bothered me at all.

Ouch salt in the wounds of the many...
    ~via BB BoLd 9000 (wap.pinstack.com)~

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Quote Originally Posted by mac14x View Post
    Windows is windows, Apple is Apple. Of course i hate apple i been hooked on windows for a long time but anywayz windows dont make computer its just an OS, on the other side apple makes computers and electronics thats why its popular wit the fancy *** ipod and ****. If windows came up wit something like that it would pwn appels asssssss
    id have to disagree. while i prefer windows and have no reason to even look at apple i dont HATE apple. i dislike fanboys, period. my definition of a fanboy is someone who thinks the subject of their fanaticism has no faults, can do no wrong. i am a blackberry fan, but i admit they have faults. i am a windows fan, but admit they have faults. apple fanboys have a way of turning negatives into positives "the iphone is missing MMS on purpose, its an outdated technology." in other words, "its supposed to suck." apple just happens to have the most fanboys.

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Name ONE thing ONE single thing that a mac cant do. Please because i havent found one single thing yet and i would like to know. And dont say Blackberry Desktop Manager lol (i have parallels for that) :P.
    well i was going to say that but heres a good one. you cant right click on a mac this also brings to mind maddox mac user rant hehehe.

also anything you do with parallels or boot camp or any other "run windows on a mac" program is still something you cant do on a mac

From Apple's Bootcamp page:
    Leopard is the world’s most advanced operating system. So advanced, it even lets you run Windows if there’s a PC application you need to use.

the way i read it: leopard is so advanced it still cant run many of the applications that run on windows. we have to let you run widows so you can use that as an excuse for why macs are better!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by offthahorseceo View Post
    well i was going to say that but heres a good one. you cant right click on a mac this also brings to mind maddox mac user rant hehehe.

also anything you do with parallels or boot camp or any other "run windows on a mac" program is still something you cant do on a mac

From Apple's Bootcamp page:
    Leopard is the world’s most advanced operating system. So advanced, it even lets you run Windows if there’s a PC application you need to use.

the way i read it: leopard is so advanced it still cant run many of the applications that run on windows. we have to let you run widows so you can use that as an excuse for why macs are better!
    I right click on mac all the time lol ! 2fingers on trackpad and click for laptops or just right click on mighty mouse for iMac idk what youre talking about that issue HAS been fixed a LONG time ago lol.

As for Bootcamp thats just good marketing to get more switchers lol

Quote Originally Posted by mac14x View Post
    the other side apple makes computers and electronics thats why its popular wit the fancy *** ipod and ****. If windows came up wit something like that it would pwn appels asssssss
    Hmm .... Zune ... rings a bell ? that disastrous mp3 player ..

PIN/ID
    217a1629
    you can't do nothing on it' can you make it faster? of course not and can you play fool games on it? no! you buy a mac and it stays that way but I'd you buy a of or laptop u ch do what ever whit it I used to be a huge fan pdlf nokia an
    ~via ipg simens but blackberry is jus lthe best' the thunder is gina murder the iPhone and apple is gina cry it didn't make it better well they can't co they jus suck

PIN/ID
    217a1629
    you can't do nothing on it' can you make it faster? of course not and can you play fool games on it? no! you buy a mac and it stays that way but I'd you buy a of or laptop u ch do what ever whit it I used to be a huge fan pdlf nokia an
    ~via ipg simens but blackberry is jus lthe best' the thunder is gina murder the iPhone and apple is gina cry it didn't make it better well they can't co they jus suck

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I would have to definately say yes....... the wait has made my interest go almost to 0.

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro
    calm tiger, I'm with you 100%. Now it's the "storm" I'm eyeing -The bold's delays are just killing it I think and RIM, especially with it's latest earnings results, along with ATT are really killing themselves on this one. I'm sure that we aren't the only 2 that have lost interest...It's almost old news now.

contractorslim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319fd5aa
    You know being on alltel/cdma
    I am always going to have to
    Wait on everything! But as of now with the storm coming on verizon maybe it has peaked my attention over the bold. I currently have the curve which I love. But may choose to switch to the storm because with screen protectors it could hold up in the construction environment and wouldn't have to worry about dust getting into the keys! Well hope everyone gets what they want but I do think they will see a decrease in the amount of sales which were expected. That's my 2cents

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I don't know why everyone wants to blame RIM, they have released the Bold in Canada and other countries.

There is obviously NO problems with the phone itself. It is obvious to me that the problem stems with AT&T's network.

Blaming the iPhone is weak. While I beleve that the iPhone is sucking up all the bandwidth, you have to wonder why they have no problems in countries like Canada that have both the iPhone and Bold.

You can blame the number of units sold, but I doubt it.

The problem is AT&T, stop blaming RIM.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    The BIG mistake that AT&T made was getting involved with Apple.
    Think about it. There has never been another phone from any manufacturer that has had all the serious problems iPhones have had & continue to have. Who's had the massive activation problems? No other brand...period. If AT&T would have known then what they know now, they might have let someone else deal with Apples arrogance. Then AT&T would have been free to sell huge quantities of BlackBerrys, windows mobile smartphones like the Moto-Q Samsungs, Symbian powered Nokias etc. AT&T would have made more money, faster & easier. So yes I agree this is an AT&T problem, but it's not their network. Its the result of their relationship with Apple.
    We live in a culture were Apple is worshiped, they can do no wrong. Everyone else or everything else is "the problem". And why is that? Simple. Steve Jobs is a brilliant marketing genius, and his audience is packed full of people that worship & respect him more than they do themselves. They trust him to think for them & tell them what to do. An amazing scene to watch. It's the best movie in town. Steve speaks...followers buy whatever he puts the Apple logo on. Got problems with your iPhone? Blame on on AT&T, got delays waiting for your BlackBerry Bold? Blame it on AT&T! Car not running right? Blame it on AT&T.
    See how easy that is?

(wap.pinstack.com)~

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    I for one am waiting patiently for a 3G option from ATT, wheter its the bold or the curve. Which ever one comes first, I will get. My curve does everything I need it too but run fast on the internet. I do not have an option to switch to Sprint or Verizon (or I would have done so already) for the high speed internet. The building I work in is one big giant att cell site with crystal clear reception 3 floors underground. My employer funds my monthly fees for my ATT blackberry service. By choice, I am not on the enterprise server (control freak here) so I rely on internet access to check work email. The forwarding thing doesnt work at all for me with the Novell GroupWise we use. I about lose my mind trying not to reply back to myself, rather than forward to the sender. When logged in on Web, the connection is so darn SLOOOW on edge. So that is the main reason I will wait patiently.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast