Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

A little bit. I have pretty much come to a conclusion that the Bold is ... BlackBerry Bold forum

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

A little bit. I have pretty much come to a conclusion that the Bold is going to be too big for me. I'll just wait till it's released and check it out in the store before I make a final decision. The Javelin may fit my bill, but doubt AT&T will have it for a while...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm perfectly happy with my 8120. I was never interested anyway.

welshmikie no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask4it
    Yes t-mobile uk were one of the 1st to announce the bold back in august and now were not getting it till november :-( ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bbCT no está en línea Stack level 2
    im still waiting but im honestly pissed off at ATT/RIM at this point. I dont know who to point the finger at................Ive even had thoughts of iphone come into my head a few times even but i really dont care for Apple.

WTH HAPPEN TO STORES ORDERING THEM SEPT 24th? WTH HAPPEN TO OCT 2nd? I cant beeeeliiiiiieve how long the wait as been now.

ok final answer, yes im still waiting, but ive fee like i cant stand blackberry right now. they are messing with my emotions.

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Even tho im in the US, i got the bold of ebay. The wait is not worth it coz att just sucks but w/e. Anywayz the bold is worth every dollar u spent on it, i actually sepnt 900 on mine...yaa some of my friends think im nuts but i just had to get it and love this baby!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Let's take a step back & look at the big picture, toss aside the emotions & work with the facts. Hating AT&T, no matter how good it might make your ego feel is wrong. They are not the problem, nor is RIM.
    Just look back at the history & stellar track record of these two companies working together successfully for years. So what has changed?
    Simple....Apple lured AT&T into the iPhone disaster. It's well documented and indisputable that the iPhone is a massive data hog. 12 BlackBerrys use less bandwidth than only 1 iPhone. What more needs to be said? It's an issue that WILL get resolved as of all the carriers AT&T is the most cash rich, therefore in the best position to get this resolved as soon as possible. Believe me Apple might be riding their own wave of hype & 15 minutes of fame. But this will pass & once again Apple history will prevail & they will shrink down to a niche player at best. This will be nothing more than a memory before you know it.

Cheers
    sent via BlackBerry

(wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Haha archer good analysis but i dont think Apple will shrink down ... if anything Apple is BLOWING UP in every single one of their domains,
    iPod sales = 83% Mp3 players market share.
    iPhone = most popular phone in the World (and its still coming out or on schedule for release in some countries).
    Mac = really really gaining more and more market share (i myself saw 10 people i know switch to Mac computers over the last year).
    But yes I understand what you mean Apple did mess up with the whole data hog problem but then again, all this should have been tested by them and ATT; they had the SAME issue in France and Orange (French operator) opened a new TCP configuration to make the bandwidth more available.
    Either way, people don't get frustrated the Bold is WELL worth the wait.

jrleny no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24b40cdf
    YES, I have even thought of getting an iphone.

But I'll wait for the Bold.

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Haha archer good analysis but i dont think Apple will shrink down ... if anything Apple is BLOWING UP in every single one of their domains,
    iPhone = most popular phone in the World (and its still coming out or on schedule for release in some countries).
    Mac = really really gaining more and more market share (i myself saw 10 people i know switch to Mac computers over the last year).
    But yes I understand what you mean Apple did mess up with the whole data hog problem but then again, all this should have been tested by them and ATT; they had the SAME issue in France and Orange (French operator) opened a new TCP configuration to make the bandwidth more available.
    hate to get off topic but people switching is just people being people. think of all those people who bought an apple computer cause its the cool thing to do or cause its hip or to spite microsoft cause they have this deep unfounded hate for MS. before they know it they will be complaining "cant do this, wont do that" and will either buy a pc to go along with their apple comp, or will switch back completely. not only that but, do you REALLY think all the businesses in the world are going to switch to macs? yea right!

i actually like microsoft. im not a fan necessarily. but i see the advantages PC's have over everything else. i cringe when i see "im a mac, im a pc" commercials, and i LOVE the new ad campaign MS has going on. Windows have been stereotyped as a suit and tie kinda OS and thats a strength but the mac commercials fail to mention that windows is extremely capable if not advanced when it comes to multimedia capabilities.

Apple also fails to mention that if it hadnt been for windows, their little iPod wouldnt be as popular as it is today. they made it windows compatible, but wont mention that in their mac vs pc commercials....

back on topic...i agree, akthough the wait is frustrating, the best thing we can do is...wait!

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hmm (to stay off topic) - offthahorseceo - "if it hadn't been for windows". If it hadn't have been for windows there would still be two OS's dominating the PC market - but it would have been OS/2 and OSX. (and the evilness that is Vista would have never been born) The ipod would have been ported to whatever were the predominating platforms. Easy to see which camp I'm in. I deplored mac's for years due to them being proprietary. Have a macbook now and tickled with it.

Back to the topic - we'll probably never hear the "why" out of either company - as to point fingers at the other company would be to open yourself up to liability / slander.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post

I do agree with some of your points. Facts are facts and yes they have the lions share of the MP3 market, but so what? Not everyone lives or dies over a music player. And this is an iPod / iTouch / MacBook Pro / Mac Book owner speaking first hand here. The very company that created the category known as "notebook" computers was Apple with the advent of the first PowerBooks. I was there as a customer from the beginning. I've owned every model of PowerBook and now Mac Book Pro since. A few of their destop computers in the past, etc. And yet after inventing the PowerBook it went nowhere in terms of market share because they failed to promote it properly and a host of other reasons that do not belong in a BlackBerry forum.

However in the mobile phone space just like in the computer space, they will continue to be "rock stars" for awhile. But giants like Samsung and others are not just sitting on the sidelines. Yes I do agree right now that on the strength of the masterful use of smoke and mirrors, a skill that Steve Jobs is the world leader at, they are on a roll. However following the mainstream business news, one will notice that most of the analysts were more worried about Jobs health (he appeared a bit emaciated) at his prior public appearance. And if we look back at where Apple was before he was brought in to breathe life into a dying company, they were shrinking rapidly. Thus this is a house of cards built on the charisma of one man, a dangerous position to be in. It was before and it will be afterwards. Even though the terms are used as terms of endearment, the "Cult of Mac", "The Mac Faithful" etc, are all unique and not terms that customers are labeled with that associate with other companies no matter what industry. This speaks volumes of the culture of the user base. As long as it's Hip & Cool to be a "Apple Person" all is well, but the moment that fades, and no fad lasts forever, then suddenly the rock begins to sink. Don't get me wrong I'm not anti-Apple by any stretch, however I am for the customer. A position that Apple pretends to be practicing, but in truth it's all about the power, influence, and money for Steve to take to the bank. Trust me, I've been an Apple customer for years, but not a cult member. Just a regular mainstream brand neutral customer. The bottom line is that I do appreciate competition and what it means to our marketplace. I simply have a hard time with their predatory practices, Adamant Arrogance, and Elitist Attitude.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    fair enough fair enough i find all the answers to my post to be precise and correct but then again, give them some time, this is their 2nd phone and already its roaring eveyrwhere in the world.
    I, too, have been using macs since i can remember (except for my notebook being an acer one as Apple has yet to come out with a sub notebook -- MacBook Brick anybody ? wait for it) with an iMac and a Mac Pro at home and a lot of different powerbooks in the past.

think of all those people who bought an apple computer cause its the cool thing to do or cause its hip or to spite microsoft cause they have this deep unfounded hate for MS. before they know it they will be complaining "cant do this, wont do that" and will either buy a pc to go along with their apple comp, or will switch back completely.
    Name ONE thing ONE single thing that a mac cant do. Please because i havent found one single thing yet and i would like to know. And dont say Blackberry Desktop Manager lol (i have parallels for that) :P.
    Plus if you want the best of both worlds it has been proven that the MacBook Pro IS the best native windows laptop after all...

not only that but, do you REALLY think all the businesses in the world are going to switch to macs? yea right!
    Oh dont worry im not naive i know that is not gonna happen probably not in our lifetime but it will ... eventually it will ... but on a CONSUMER point of view, business not so much. Businesses need the cheap cost of unreliable windows PCs lol (cheap shot i know :P).

macmood no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I'm telling everyone it is worth the wait. The night is just darkest before the dawn, and I assure you the dawn is coming!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

joehash no está en línea Stack level 2
    To answer your question, yes, it actually has killed my excitement somewhat. In the middle of the summer, I probably would have paid any amount of money for the thing. Now, I'm just disappointed.
    Check out the best free printable greeting cards. Ever.

jmann no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I've been wanting this phone for the longest, everysince I start hearing rumors of a 9xxx series phone on the eve of the pearl's release. Once pics & info were released, I was really wanting a bold. But now with all the bugs/pushbacks I'm hearing about, don't want it as much. Plus what I've read about the browser issues for the bold & tmobile, I'm good. I do want a new gen 4.6 blackberry so I guess the 8220 its gonna be. At least til I can get my hands on a gsm storm when it's available ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast