Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by planneau I have lost a lot of interest in the Bold because ... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    I have lost a lot of interest in the Bold because of the wait, the same goes to the 8220, the javelin, and the storm. I think am going to by the one of the new samsung touchscreen phone that will hit the market here in just under two weeks. I need a new phone and I am turned off by the delays of the devices.
    I certainly understand your position.

The one caution I would offer is to do as much research as possible on the Samsung prior to your purchase. I say that as one who has several new Samsungs. I believe that the Samsung mobile phone division is doing great things, and their products are getting better and better. And I'm not comparing them to any other phone, as I evaluate each phone on it's own. That said the one thing that I would want you to know is that Samsungs are notorious for poor phone reception, volume and call quality. The last five new Samsung models (all high end) I've purchased, sadly show no sign of improvement in the phone itself. Most I've hacked into and improved rather significantly, and yet I do not think that should be required of any user. You may already be aware of this, but just thought I would bring it up. Other than that, they are very good phones.

Personally I remain very loyal to the RIM & the BlackBerry platform, no matter what, as I simply have not found anything better. And this is from a guy who is totally obsessed with mobile phones, and owns most every new brand (locked or unlocked from abroad) and model available. It's my addiction....

Quote Originally Posted by choughton View Post
    What wait!!! I've had mine for four weeks now. Sorry but for once us over here in England have got something before you guys in the US. It's worth the wait though. Love mine.
    As the saying goes the best things come to those who wait!
    Chris
    Congratulations on your new BlackBerry! It's very nice to hear that indeed those of you in the UK are getting phones first. Since you have one of those little gems, how about a report? Even if just a brief bit of feedback on initial impressions, build quality, keyboard ease of use, etc.

Cheers!

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Ok now that you guys went out and bought the new devices that is NOT a Blackberry because you're tired of waiting. What are you going to do after they get released? Nothing is better then waiting on a phone to be released that you really want. Makes you turn away from all the other new phones that are out. Personally, the more I wait the more I want it. But you guys are right, they need to release the phone already.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    I am seriously getting annoyed with RIM. With the huge delays with releaseing 4.5 OS and now the delays with the Bold. What is most annoying is the silence from RIM. Has no one got the gusts to say the truth and tell us the issues? The make a great product and its such a pity the handle things so bad.
    RIM are always late, why??????

i personall have the bold and i was dissappointed with all the deleys to get it up here in canada and can only be worse for people in the states but that being said im glad there are deleys in the sense that i know when the phone come out its as best as can be rather than have so may glitches and bugs just my opinion and sure you can buy a samsung or whatever but are you doing that bcuase its the better phone or just out of spite and unpatiece? there must be a reason so many peple are waiting because deep down they know BB is the way to go with the nice OS and UI and firmware updates do fix and give new apps and feaures

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    yeah it has definitely killed my interest. I own the 8800, I have come this close - to getting the 8820/8830/8320. I am definitely running out of patience and cannot wait till next month when the bold comes out.

Honestly this is the only tech i have waited patiently for this long. I am running out of juice!

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro
    killed mine...

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have not lost interest in the bold, but my expectations of the device have risen. I know that to expect a new device to work flawlessly is not realistic but I do expect a lot of the minor bugs to be worked out. Let's just hope AT&T an rim deliver a great product that exceeds our expections.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, I hadn't lost interest in the Bold until I read Archer6's comment that there is a rumor that there will be a 3G Curve. I may have to hold out for that. My main interest, when I upgrade, is going to be the faster Internet connection, but I think for me the size is next on the list of concerns. It would be just my luck that I would go out and get the Bold, when it finally drops, only to miss out on a 3G Curve a few months later.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Nope, hasn't Killed it, but it sure did Beat the H*** out of it though!

Quote Originally Posted by TeriO View Post
    Well, I hadn't lost interest in the Bold until I read Archer6's comment that there is a rumor that there will be a 3G Curve
    This is Unofficial:
    It's my understanding the 3G Curve is due @ AT&T anytime in the next few weeks.
    I for one am watching very closely..and please don't forget, this is top secret for Stackers Only...and you didn't hear it from archer6, after all what the heck does he know anyway?...
    Cheers
    sent via BlackBerry

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    At first, I was over the Bold after all the chronic set backs...but, then I realised the longer it takes, the better for me to save some more money up towards the bold.

I just wish that we, the consumer, would get a DIRECT answer to why we are not getting the Bold on time. However, life is not fair and nothing says we are entitled to an answer either....

Quote Originally Posted by jaesternbach View Post
    I just wish that we, the consumer, would get a DIRECT answer to why we are not getting the Bold on time. .
    Great post, you are so right!
    Here's my take. I believe it truly is an issue of the iPhone sucking up most of AT&Ts bandwidth. And it's important to note that I'm not bashing Apple, it is what it is. Neither AT&T nor RIM can do anything about it, and it's not going to change. Thus the only option for AT&T is to expand capacity. And believe me I'm not sticking up for any carrier. However I do have a full understanding of the technical side, & there is no question that this is caused by the iPhone. There's simply too much documentation at this point to deny it. Finally as I've stated earlier, AT&T's 3G network is stellar. I have over a years personal experience using it daily with many other 3G phones. It was not until the iPhones lack of proper data compression that the troubles began. Once AT&T has increased capacity (which will be soon) the issue will be resolved. At that point people who buy Bolds will be smiling ear to ear...

sent via BlackBerry

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    No. Im still waiting for the Bold. A little patience aint hurt no one... lol

Quote Originally Posted by macallik View Post
    No. Im still waiting for the Bold. A little patience aint hurt no one... lol
    I agree with you 100%.
    I used to be normal like you...until BlackBerry addiction took over. Now, well, I'm outta control...
    Cheers
    sent via what? a BlackBerry! ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast