Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Originally Posted by archer6 . I certainly share your frustration with the repeated delays. What ... BlackBerry Bold forum

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I certainly share your frustration with the repeated delays. What BlackBerry were you using before moving to the E71-2? And what about the Nokia is most appealing to you. I'm just curious as I have an E71-2 & would like to hear your opinion.
    Cheers
    sent via BlackBerry
    oh you have an E71-2 too ? how do you like it Archer ? we might just trade you and me lol my bold for your e71-2 lol

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    oh you have an E71-2 too ?
    Yes, I came to the BlackBerry family of devices last. I have been using all the rest for some time. If I did not like BlackBerrys, the Symbian based E series would be my choice, since they are better than the various WM choices. As I'm sure you may know Symbian is a very popular OS in a variety of brands beyond Nokia. While it has some nice features and a better "look" than the fairly plain BlackBerry UI/OS, it's not as elegantly engineered. Not as intuitive as RIM's. Not as fast, logical, & stable. Many features present in the RIM environment are lacking in Symbian, although they are continually working on it. At the end of the day even if one is only 75% satisfied with the RIM platform, they most probably would not like Symbian. The real problem as I see it today, is far too many people choose a phone based only on it's looks. Not on how it functions. A perfect example of that is the iPhone. A device that PC magazine just evaluated as one of the most overrated products for sale today. No copy & paste, as well as many other shortcomings. And yet look at all the attention it gets. Apple ships the 3G model with buggy software & there is little compliant, then many weeks later finally makes an update available. If RIM did that the phone would be condemned. Very interesting.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Yes, I came to the BlackBerry family of devices last. I have been using all the rest for some time. If I did not like BlackBerrys, the Symbian based E series would be my choice, since they are better than the various WM choices. As I'm sure you may know Symbian is a very popular OS in a variety of brands beyond Nokia. While it has some nice features and a better "look" than the fairly plain BlackBerry UI/OS, it's not as elegantly engineered. Not as intuitive as RIM's. Not as fast, logical, & stable. Many features present in the RIM environment are lacking in Symbian, although they are continually working on it. At the end of the day even if one is only 75% satisfied with the RIM platform, they most probably would not like Symbian. The real problem as I see it today, is far too many people choose a phone based only on it's looks. Not on how it functions. A perfect example of that is the iPhone. A device that PC magazine just evaluated as one of the most overrated products for sale today. No copy & paste, as well as many other shortcomings. And yet look at all the attention it gets. Apple ships the 3G model with buggy software & there is little compliant, then many weeks later finally makes an update available. If RIM did that the phone would be condemned. Very interesting.
    very very very good point. people are indeed really forgiving with Apple as it is "their first phone" but that excuse is getting old.
    i really agree with you, again, archer

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910