Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Let's find out what Stackers are thinking about the Bold, since the wait has been ... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Has the wait, killed your interest in the Bold?

Advertisement

Let's find out what Stackers are thinking about the Bold, since the wait has been so long.

Let's not speculate about what has caused the wait, let's just share our thoughts about the effect the wait has had on us.

Examples:
    The wait has caused me to buy another model
    The wait has caused me to realize I'm perfectly happy with my present BlackBerry.
    The wait has been incredibly frustrating but I'm still going to purchase a Bold whenever they finally come out.

Thanks!

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I was thinking about this the other day....and my answer is

YES

all the delays and lame excuses has really turned me off...

it would have been nice for ATT/RIM to come out directly and say THIS IS WHY we are delaying the BOLD...if they would have done that I think lots of people would have respected them more and would have kept their interest in the BOLD

as of right now...I could care less as to when it comes out...I love my 8310 and am happy with it...

I have been with Cingular/ATT for a long time now...I perfer them because I can swap my SIM card out to a new phone and not have to make a call or have any issues....but lately they have been avoiding giving us answers....
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

ChiefT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249E3C14
    Yes!

A tough time for delays when there are a lot of BB choices coming out in the near future. Makes you wonder what is worth waiting for and why I should stay with my current provider
    ChiefT

Adapt, Overcome, Improvise, Achieve!

lrfeedman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yep, Im ready for RIM to get the touch screen to ATT (and at the rate ATT is going I wont see it in my life time).

choughton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2554172A
    What wait!!! I've had mine for four weeks now. Sorry but for once us over here in England have got something before you guys in the US. It's worth the wait though. Love mine.
    As the saying goes the best things come to those who wait!
    Chris

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    No, It just makes me mad that they can not be BOLD enough to admit their mistakes or whoever mistake it is (ATT/ RIM) not to release the Bold.... I think that it is tru that the iPhone is hogging the 3G bandwidth.. This is a BIG issue for both to be on 3G and the Bold will not be as effective/ suffer, cause the iPhone is hogging it up!
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefT View Post
    Yes!

A tough time for delays when there are a lot of BB choices coming out in the near future. Makes you wonder what is worth waiting for and why I should stay with my current provider
    Well said ! ..... and by the way your signature line is simply inspiring!

Adapt, Overcome, Improvise, Achieve!

Concise, to the point and ever so positive!

Cheers....

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    YES!
    I change my curve for an Iphone 3G. Also, I change my wife pearl for an additional Iphone 3G.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    I know it's frustrating... but, I assure you it's worth the wait... I love this thing

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

kennedy_84 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302403B0
    The bold has been out up here for a while and i still have no interest in it. nothing wrong with my curve.

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    in a sense yes. i hear "bold release" and im like yea right. of course, if i have the money when it releases, i'll get it but its not as exciting anymore

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have lost a lot of interest in the Bold because of the wait, the same goes to the 8220, the javelin, and the storm.

I think am going to by the one of the new samsung touchscreen phone that will hit the market here in just under two weeks. I need a new phone and I am turned off by the delays of the devices. I hope someone let's RIM know that they are going to loose on their market because of this. People are going to think that the phone is not good because of the delays which is not true, it the carriers fault. HOW SAD:cry:

This all blows big time.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Yes to all: Was never really interested on it. Why upgrade to it it's like upgrading from a 8100 to a 8800...having said that i'm saving my contract renewal for the storm so I can leave those morons at AT&T .

Quote Originally Posted by kennedy_84 View Post
    The bold has been out up here for a while and i still have no interest in it. nothing wrong with my curve.
    You and I maintain the same position on the Curve.

I find mine 97% of what I _need_ in terms of functionality. That said the one and only element missing that I would indeed benefit from is 3G. That said I've heard (nothing official) that there is a 3G Curve due to arrive at AT&T before too long. I am not concerned with battery life as I have both a car charger and I carry the small and light wall charger with me in my laptop bag. So power is secondary, if I can have fast net access. Based on my AT&T 3G experience with a Moto-Q and a 2nd Gen Blackjack, the increased speed experienced on the web is well worth it. (at least for me).

Now if I allow myself to drift off into "I want" land, then the higher resolution display and some other features of the Bold are indeed compelling. It's just that I seriously doubt I would spend that much time taking advantage of them.

What I do know for certain, is that for the first time in a long time, I have a BlackBerry with a great keyboard, optimized to handle Outlook, email, and all essential functions that make up my day to day mobile communication needs. Wonderful!

Cheers

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Lost interest? No, just time to put money aside for it. Money enough to buy one with no contract and accessories for it. Still thinking about getting it because I love the way it looks. Even though I'm getting the Javelin, I'm still eye balling the BOLD.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast