Can someone help me, I have resent service books, reconnected it to my router, re ... BlackBerry Bold forum

dfiltness no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Grey Wifi instead of usual bright b&w logo

Advertisement

Can someone help me, I have resent service books, reconnected it to my router, re registered wifi and still no luck.

Can anybody help me??

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    Have you tried a battery pull? I on a very rare occasion will see this, and a battery pull fixes it usually. (And of course the obvious of making sure you type in the correct WEP/WPA key for your wireless router.)

If you temporarily disable security on the wifi router, does it connect then (making the appropriate changes in your BB settings of course)?
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

PIN/ID
    Apple
    ^^sencond what josh said. You didn't happen to put a new phone in did you? I know that 2.4 gHz are getting rarer these days but they do cause interference. Is your laptop able to connect? If its interferance then you will usually see it on more than just the bb. Example are you now seeing 2bars on signal strength on your PC vs 4 or 5. If you can't connect to anything wireless, pull the power cord on the router for 10 second. About the same thing as a batt pull on a berry.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have the same problem. If I go on connections, it recognises the wifi network to the point at which it is named but there is a white dash instead of a tick. Signal strength is not a problem.

Strange thing is that beejive is picking up and using the wifi network no problem and displays the black and white wifi symbol in the app banner rather than my phone network signal. However, in the browser, it still shows phone network and I'm pretty sure its not to do with the browser settings as I have had no issue in the past.

I did update to os 4.6.0.266 which was a beta when I loaded it so there maybe something there. I will try some of the stuff mentioned above before I worry about that though.

corean80 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20505e5c
    Quote Originally Posted by dfiltness View Post
    Can someone help me, I have resent service books, reconnected it to my router, re registered wifi and still no luck.

Can anybody help me??
    Try this go to option and advance option and browser setting and under the default browser setting make sure its internet browser not the hotspot browser that how I fixed my bold

corean80 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20505e5c
    I had the same issue but Rogers couldn't figure out why so they decided to send me the replacement but I tried with browser setting and it's working fine now

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dfiltness View Post

Can anybody help me??
    Have you had any luck with this? I still have the same problem. I have tried resetting mu router and have done countless battery pulls to no avail. Have updated you os lately as I'm wondering whether that is what is causing it?