So I've always had problems here in NYC with the gps on my 8310 syncing, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

calyx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20e17df5

GPS will not synch on Bold (NYC)

Advertisement

So I've always had problems here in NYC with the gps on my 8310 syncing, due to constantly going underground for the subway, lots of tall buildings, etc.
    But I've yet to get the gps on my bold to get a signal, even right now while riding shotgun down the FDR.
    For the non-New Yorkers, the FDR runs right along side the East River - mostly open sky.

Any ideas or advice? Anyone else having issues with gps on their Bold, either here in NYC or elsewhere?

- calyx

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    The GPS always takes about a minute to track my location.

calyx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20e17df5
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok according to gpsed, I have 8 satellites. Google Maps shows my position within 5m.
    Yet the GPS under Advanced Options says it has never synched. That makes no sense to me.
    Other apps are able to synch using the gps, but the internal gps menu can't get a signal or reflect that it has indeed synched successfully.

EricScott no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have had issues in NYC as well. I have gone to Advanced options to "refresh" my GPS maybe 10 times and it has only worked twice. And on Google Maps it constantly says "Waiting for GPS" when I hit "My Location". To be fair I have not really been outside for extended periods of time since I got the Bold. But I have held it close to the window in my office.

SteveM93043 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I hav not had much luck doing a refresh from inside any buildings. Last night while stopped at a stop light, I did a refresh and it did update the GPS info.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Mine literally locks my position in 5 seconds. Just go outside CLEAR SKY and let it do its thing until its fully setup. then you shouldnt have to do it ever again.

rweckhoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    GPS did not work for me at all in NYC today (inside or outside). Soon as I got in NJ it was working. Don't know if it is a system issue - however - there was a guy at the Port Authority Bus Terminal with a Bold and he was not able to get a sync either.