I just can't get over with the GPS problem on my Bold. OK here is ... BlackBerry Bold forum
GPS problem still persists!!
I just can't get over with the GPS problem on my Bold. OK here is the latest scenario. Options>Advanced Options>GPS. The screen reads GPS Data Source: None. GPS Services: Location ON. Location Aiding: Enabled. Thats it. No further data. When I hit the berry button for the menu, I don't see 'Refresh GPS'. I have downloaded BlackBerry Maps and AmazeGPS but its not working. AmazeGPS says that no satellites found. The OS I have is 184.108.40.206.
I think the problem is GPS Data Source: None. It should not be none. I think it has to have a source to read the satellites. Does anyone agree? So where is the data source? Is some file deleted on my handset? Any expertise?
You should be able to select internal for GPS
If you don't have an option for internal GPS, I would probably try reloading the OS. If it doesn't appear, I probably would try to get it replaced under warranty.
iPhone 4 (AT&T)
Are you connected via BIS or BES?
If by BES, is there a Policy setting in place to disable GPS usage? (i.e. it is possible to turn off GPS use via a policy item on BES.)
This option appears on the BES policy under "Security policy group > Disable GPS" and in the policy editor the info text states: "Specify whether the GPS functionality on the Blackberry device is turned on."
On testing this I can see Google Maps states location is unavailable. Testing using TrekBuddy it actually throws an exception stating the GPS is unavailable due to IT Policy settings.
Perhaps install TrekBuddy and try it and you will be able to see if there is an IT Policy setting disabling the GPS...
Try this and see if it helps
How to fresh GPS on Blackberry
1. The first step is to go to options and scroll down to status and click on it.
2. Now you just type TEST and a pop up window will show you Device Self test Application.
3. click your tracker ball and a pop up windown show. Click on start then you will see a list,
4. scroll down to GPS and click on the box. It will put a checkmark.
5. Then scroll down and click RUN.
6. This will open up and window, you should see GPS idle, click on this and click start fix.
It could take up to 2 minutes to find your Gps fix.
(Don't worrier if it says time out just go to startfix again.
Now it has found your fix click trackball and click next. It will ask you to go to the next fix click yes,
it will ask you did this past the test. Click yes. It will now say no more test click close.
7. Now Hit you menu button and close. You are all done and your bbm and gm will work.These steps work on all blackberrys.
Sent from somewhere on the road. Isn't this great! Mark
Tags for this Thread