Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by manoffire21 your right it does have an antenna in it. and your ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Both

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by manoffire21 View Post
    your right it does have an antenna in it. and your also right google maps is alot faster and more accurate i feel than the bb maps. now with this all being said. what app are you using when your trying to update your gps location?
    I use both.

I start with Google Maps, since it finds my locationa lot faster. Then I load BlackBerry Maps if I want to use it to send My Location via PIN to a Messenger Contact. Google Maps does not have this feature so I have to use BlackBerry Maps.

If I am just looking for directions, I use Google Maps

ColinMac no está en línea Stack level 1
    I believe bb maps uses significantly less data the g-maps even if you are using the map view on g-maps. This of course matters not if you have a true unlimited plan....not like those fake ones up in Canada!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by ColinMac; 01-09-2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: mispelling

ajamudc no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk View Post
    Ajamudc, thank you for your advice. Yes I have downloaded Google Maps and it is working perfectly well. You were right I was in Options>Advanced Options>GPS. But in the GPS section still the location is unable to refresh even after I have downloaded Google Maps. One thing I have noticed in GPS Section is that in GPS Data Source - it says 'None'. I think it needs to have a source but it does not give any options. Plus I have Blackberry Maps-EU as well but that too doesn't work. Any ideas?
    That's strange, blackhawk. When I went to that page on my bold, the GPS data source was the device GPS. When you click on the source, does it give you any options?

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Unlimited Data

Quote Originally Posted by ColinMac View Post
    I believe bb maps uses significantly less data the g-maps even if you are using the map view on g-maps. This of course matters not if you have a true unlimited plan....not like those fake ones up in Canada!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have one of these fake unlimited data plans. I also have the fake unlimited internet too. Rogers really knows how to screw you. BlackBerry Maps use less data because it comes from the RIM's servers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12