Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anybody could please help me by telling me that why does my GPS location update ... BlackBerry Bold forum

blackhawk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

GPS Location does not update!!

Advertisement

Anybody could please help me by telling me that why does my GPS location update fails when I click 'Refresh GPS'? I don't remember the last time I checked and there is no 'fix time' as well. Recently I updraded OS to 4.6.0.190. Is it because of that?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    What blackberry are you using? I didn't think the 8700g had GPS.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional
    Hmmm, well if they put 4.6 on it then I doubt it's an 8700. This is going to be the obvious question but somebody has to ask it....You're trying to refresh the gps when you're outside or at least not in a building with a clear view of the sky right?

Tucker

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by iridemybike View Post
    Hmmm, well if they put 4.6 on it then I doubt it's an 8700. This is going to be the obvious question but somebody has to ask it....You're trying to refresh the gps when you're outside or at least not in a building with a clear view of the sky right?

Tucker
    LOL true. missed that part
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Oops sorry I forgot to mention what set I am using. I am using the BB Bold.

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    And Iridemybike, I am trying to refresh the GPS under clear sky and still it does not. Any expertise to solve my problem? Thank you.

manoffire21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    well just so you all know...im pretty sure when you update your gps or use google maps or anything of that nature, it is updated through your carriers towers. now i may be wrong but i think thats how it works. i was in nyc yest and while i was in the subway on the train it was updating me through google maps the whole ride. and i definately was not able to see any sky lol.
    storm 9530
    PIN: 3051C125

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    There is a GPS antenna in your Bold, so it should use that and not triangulation from the Cell Towers. The BlackBerry GPS application definitely uses the antenna.

I am not sure about Google Maps, I think it uses both because it updates a lot faster than the BlackBerry Maps.

manoffire21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    There is a GPS antenna in your Bold, so it should use that and not triangulation from the Cell Towers. The BlackBerry GPS application definitely uses the antenna.

I am not sure about Google Maps, I think it uses both because it updates a lot faster than the BlackBerry Maps.
    your right it does have an antenna in it. and your also right google maps is alot faster and more accurate i feel than the bb maps. now with this all being said. what app are you using when your trying to update your gps location?
    storm 9530
    PIN: 3051C125

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    I don't know what application I am using but I can tell you what it says on the screen. GPS Date Source: It shows my handset name. GPS Services: Location ON. GOS Location: Blank. Then all the latitiude is zero, longitude zero, Fix Time none, Number of Satellites zero, Accuracy zero and lastly Location Aiding is enabled. In the Maps option it says BlackBerry Maps EU. Where is it wrong? Rather what I am doing wrong?

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Another thing is that I checked the Application list and it does not show any application for GPS. Should there be one which is deleted somehow or there isn't any?

ajamudc no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk View Post
    I don't know what application I am using but I can tell you what it says on the screen. GPS Date Source: It shows my handset name. GPS Services: Location ON. GOS Location: Blank. Then all the latitiude is zero, longitude zero, Fix Time none, Number of Satellites zero, Accuracy zero and lastly Location Aiding is enabled. In the Maps option it says BlackBerry Maps EU. Where is it wrong? Rather what I am doing wrong?
    It don't think you are in an app. It sounds you are in the options, advanced options, GPS section. I'm running 4.6.0.210 and my GPS is working, but I haven't tested it through there. Do you have Google Maps on your phone? If you do, what happens when you go to my location? Google Maps should access the GPS and give your current location after the GPS connects.

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Ajamudc, thank you for your advice. Yes I have downloaded Google Maps and it is working perfectly well. You were right I was in Options>Advanced Options>GPS. But in the GPS section still the location is unable to refresh even after I have downloaded Google Maps. One thing I have noticed in GPS Section is that in GPS Data Source - it says 'None'. I think it needs to have a source but it does not give any options. Plus I have Blackberry Maps-EU as well but that too doesn't work. Any ideas?

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Someone may have already asked but you do have a data package? It is my understanding that it won't work without one. Did you check Mobile Network Options? Should have Data Service=On, if on AT&T it will show Mobile Network=AT&T. I'm using .210 and GPS is working great says 3m actual location on Google maps. It will refresh when I'm driving also. Good Luck.

turbolift no está en línea Stack level 1
    I do not have my carrier's (AT&T) GPS loaded on my Bold but I do have Google Maps and AmazeGPS and I have no problems refreshing my GPS location. I'm running OS v4.0.0.157.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast