Hi, Anyone know why I am getting an error message saying "this is a wi-fi ... BlackBerry Bold forum

clickmouse no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2076B7F6

goto a link from my email

Advertisement

Hi,

Anyone know why I am getting an error message saying "this is a wi-fi service. Please ensure your device has an active wi-fi connection and try again" when trying to click on a link in an email I received.

BUT when I go to the built in browser it lets me access other web pages???

Thanks

chuckymafia no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yes under settings some browser links have the Hotspots or Wi-Fi option enabled, just change that to ur regular internet service or such as me either ATT or Tmobile Network is shows MediaNet for ATT and I do not recall the Tmobile one but it will let you change the option to use Edge network

My is under Internet Browser and it has MediaNet or Hotspots showing, if I do Hotspots it says your error as well. But changing it to medianet or Internet browser it goes back to normal.
    Last edited by azstar; 10-03-2008 at 02:49 AM. Reason: double posting

PIN/ID
    2076B7F6
    Hmm I tried to do that...I switch from "hotspot browser" to either "internet browser" or "rogers mall" ...then I choose to "save options"...but it will just revert back to "hotspot browser" again instantly. It won't let me change it and I still get the wifi error when going to a link from my email.

Well I noticed that same error on my previous attempt to upgrade to OS 4.5 but got the east asia and it began to work. Maybe updating the OS will work or go to the Options Menu>Advanded>Browser> and chage it there to the Internet Browser. That allowed me to save without reverting back to the old default. It maybe a glitch on the OS.

PIN/ID
    2076B7F6
    I'll try that...I'm using 4.6.0.150 is that the one that you are using?

ah ha! changing it here:
    Options Menu>Advanded>Browser>

worked for me... Thank you Chuckymafia!

curious what do you have the MDS and WAP set for? When I went into mine it was set for "internet browser" and "do more" respectively
    Last edited by azstar; 10-03-2008 at 02:49 AM. Reason: double posting

I have an 8820 and figured since I was having the same issue that it was the same idea for all Blackberry phones. and I was downgrading back to OS 4.2.2 for AT&T and my pc Crashed. I bricked my phone to the famous 547 error or something like that. I am fixing it as we speak. i will post the settings once it finishes up

My Phone had MDS set to Internet Browser and WAP to Media Net as I have AT&T. It has a bunch of other service books to choose from in the WAP option such as Shop Ringtones, Community Shop Games. all the stuff I hide on My phone as they are links to the Internet to buy stuff. Set it to your providers Default
    Last edited by azstar; 10-03-2008 at 03:37 AM. Reason: double post