Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

you guys think im crazy? my crack berry lawyer spent 3 grand to get a ... BlackBerry Bold forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

got to use the 9000 review.

Advertisement

you guys think im crazy? my crack berry lawyer spent 3 grand to get a production unit 9000 att branded. yesterday night he called me at around 11pm to tell me this and that he was going to europe this morning. which lefft me no choice but to get dressed and go to his house 40 minutes away. while he and his wife were doing last minute packing i was sitting at there kitchen table playing with the bold. wanting to ah hem.. steal the bold. lol
    heres what i come to see..

phones= sturdy build. honestly my curve does feel a little bit sturdier for some reason but that could be because im using a curve since may of 07. the bold looks sexy. oddly big untill its actually in your hands.

screen=om*g the screen res. is crazy. its like blue ray movie crazy. its so vivid not one picture or video online does a justice. its simply put. amazing. by far the best picture quality i have ever seen on any phone.

*keyboard* some people might need a tiny learning curve. in the half hour or less i got to use this i was tapping away just as fast as with my curve talking to his bbm contacts that are mutual friends. lol. picture an 8800 with larger keys and spaces is the best way to put it. but it fits comfy in the hand or hands. the "frets" help fingers find there way.

ok i did some comparing in real time with full 3g signal against the verizon lg dare which runs on evdo rev a. NO wifi. then with wifi against the ipod touch.
    and here it is.
    *full web browsing cache cleared and history cleared

web browsing speed... come sites that that a while to render completely

curve 8310 with full edge signal
    ebay= 42 seconds
    cnet= 46 seconds
    lonelyplanet= lol hour glass.

lg dare full evdo signal
    ebay= 12 seconds
    cnet= 21 seconds
    lonely planet= 19 seconds.

the BOLD full 3g signal
    ebay 8 seconds fully rendered
    cnet+ lagged for about 10 seconds the the page popped up completely rendered in less then a 12 count.
    lonely planet= (which iphone 3g advertises 20 seconds) the bold swiftly ripped that apart in 14 seconds.

wi-fi battle not going to lie here. the ipod touch. and the bold with wifi on. tested diff times so not to interfear. the ipod touch is faster with web browsing by 1-2 seconds on each page. but to me its easier to navigate with the bold.

the phone is faster then any phone i have ever used in my lifetime. and ive used about ever phone known to man. the whole os is fast. 0 lag time during any operations. although i felt i was being intrusive. he did however invite me over. but sadly. and i mean i felt like i left my baby behind i had to leave cause i felt bad. i didnt really get to in depth but i looked at all the parts that mattered to me. and hopefully to you.

real quick. though the camera is 2mp. the pictures come out imo. just like the 5mp nokia 95 because of the bolds screen resolution.

can we all agree that this delay is insain?? lol
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    LOL! Thanks for the review, Nicky! Well, at least you got to play with one for a 1/2 hour! And I'm SURE that little tease did NOTHING to make your desire for one of these devices even stronger!

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    Yes. I agee its INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Good info Nicky - thanks for taking the time to do it and write it up for us.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ thanks for the info nicky - good stuff!

Highly dissapointed that the keyboard is the same as on the 8800! Does the Bold atleast give better tactile feedback then that of the 8800?

Love everything else! Can't wait to see the "blu-ray" screen. Lol.

jonecat no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am most excited about the screen, I think it looks great from the videos and pics, I can't wait to see it in person.

Anyone know if they are actively working on a CDMA version yet?

Gudmund no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I was especially interested in the download times. Thank you very much.

I want one even more now!

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    the keys are bigger and give 10x better feedback then the 8800. of all the blackberrys ive used since the 850. the 8800 has been by far the worst. at first impressions thats how it looks but bigger and more spaced out. i would still rank the curve as being the best keyboared to date even over the 9000. but then again i really only used it for a half hour. not even. the learning curve was about 5 minutes on the keyboard i could imagine after a days use or two you would feel great with it. its much better feedback wise from the 8800 10 fold better. but im so used to my curve i can type without looking at it. even one handed. so i really would need a day or two with the 9000 to tell you for sure. i will be getting one by the end of next week supposedly if this guy comes through and i will post a real time video walk through.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

jjgriss no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~awesome information. Thank you. I am excited again. To be honest, this long wait has started to curb my appetite for one- until I read that post. Sweet!

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    The delay is driving me nuts too! Thanks for the info,I was wondering when someone who has experienced the Bold would give us the stats on speed and such....thanks! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Nice write up. What is up with RIM with taking so long for everything.

mobilemetal no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2404e2ab
    I want one now!

WizeGi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249ed774
    There is an order into AT&T already so the second they release this thing it will be on its way. Since I am the BES admin here at work I told them I needed it for "testing"

HA! :-) -- There has to be some benefits ....

shglbmx no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2402B165
    Thanks for the review. Can't wait until this phone comes out! For now, I'll stick to my pearl!

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thanks for the review and info. I cant wait to get one in my hands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast