Do I do? I got a rogers unlocked and my carrier is att. I guess ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Droopidog no está en línea Stack level 2

got my bold, now what

Advertisement

Do I do? I got a rogers unlocked and my carrier is att. I guess my question is how do I get switched over? Also the os is 125.

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    You just put your sim card in... Did u add a BIS plan? Is this your first blackberry?

Go to the att website and download desktop manager and the latest OS .167

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ no I had a pearl prior to this so I have a BIS plan.

I just need to update the os?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    You don't have to update the OS. Put in the SIM card and check everything out to see if it works. Then, if you decide you're familiar with the device and you want to upgrade, you can do that.

Are you planning to use the "switch devices" using DM. If you do you'll need both Blackberrys to do it. Otherwise you should be good to go with the SIM in your Bold.

If you have the old device and you haven't backed it up yet NOW would be a good time to do it. It'll preserve your contacts, etc.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    100% need to update the os... when i had 125 on my unlocked rogers bold i had nothing but problems.. there is an official release 167 from rogers. everything will be improved. memory, battery, os speed, browsing speed, everything.. also the 167 fixes known problems with running java script on the browser.
    also to get max battery life run it down to dead and then charge it for around 8 hours. (while you sleep) other then that. set all your settings the way you want and your good to go.. congrats
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

I'm corrected - sorry for misleading. I'm speaking generally and, having no Bold experience, should probably resist posting in cases like this. I didn't know the release that came with the Bold caused such trouble - wouldn't have expected that either. (Droopydog, you'd best pay attention to advice from Bold owner in the future. Again, sorry for the misplaced advice.)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I don't know how to switch devices using DM. I back up my pearl weekly.

THe DM has a "Device Switch Wizard" option that, in my experience, works well. YOu might wait for one of the Bold users to advise you on that. To me, it's always a good idea going from one BB to a new one and it's always worked well when I used it.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    After using the Switch device wizzard go to your BIS site on the internet and change your IMEI and PIN. The hit the send service books and you should be ready to go.

Thanks.

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    when i changed from my Curve 8330 to my Bold, i wasnt Sure how to change to another Device, so what i did to avoid any kinda conflict of OS softwares and programs, i used the "Advanced" backup option, and merely backed up my BB messenger contacts, Contact lists , E-mails an all that, because going from Pearl to Bold, i can tell you the Bold almost comes stock with everything you need.

for the exception of only a few apps of course.