Hey Everyone, I got my Blackberry Bold too i am loving it. Best device i ... BlackBerry Bold forum

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Got my BB Bold

Advertisement

Hey Everyone, I got my Blackberry Bold too i am loving it. Best device i had so far. Way better then the curve. Keys are better it is harder to type for me tho because i have big hands.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Is it bigger than the curve? How does it feel compared to the curve? I am a heavy Pearl user and have not made the jump to a full QWERTY device yet. I like the Pearl for the form factor, but the Bold looks amazing. Not sure how the Bold feels and carries though. I use the OEM leather swivel holster to carry my Pearl.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    it is a little bigger. pretty much the same size as the 8800 from Rogers. I feel different in your hands i will take time for me to get use to the bold i can not type as fast haha because the keys are more close together. Wifi is the main improvement its great connect really fast.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I find it very easy to type on this device. I really like the softer touch and much quieter keyboard.

I find the Bold to be quite a bit heavier than the Curve, but it has a great sturdy feel in my hands.

Having never used a wifi device I need to ask,"when I am connected to a wifi connection, am I doing everyrhing via wifi or is my data plan still taking a kicking? Right now I have the radio turned off, so I assume I am going through wifi, but...
    When I go to Mobile Network Options and turn off Data Services I am without data.

Help me out here, is my Berry smart enough to use wifi when it is connected?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Yes. that true.. Bold is a little heaver. Yeah if you turn your data off from the options then you are running off wifi. if there is no 3G in the corner and just Wifi that means your running the Wifi connection and not using your data up. It good for traveling if there alot of wifi area's then you dont need to spend money if your roaming it a huge bill if you are lol.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by anoxia187 View Post
    Yes. that true.. Bold is a little heaver. Yeah if you turn your data off from the options then you are running off wifi. if there is no 3G in the corner and just Wifi that means your running the Wifi connection and not using your data up. It good for traveling if there alot of wifi area's then you dont need to spend money if your roaming it a huge bill if you are lol.
    Awesome. I just noticed that as soon as I click on the browser the wifi is highlighted and the 3G disappears. So the phone is smart enough to save me money even with both activated. I am liking this.

Now if I could figure a way to force the browser to a single, larger screen size without having to click the zoom, all will be good with the world.

This phone is AWESOME! It is BB #5 for me. Never have I sat for 12 hours straight, just playing with my berry!

Princ355K no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    Awesome. I just noticed that as soon as I click on the browser the wifi is highlighted and the 3G disappears. So the phone is smart enough to save me money even with both activated. I am liking this.

Now if I could figure a way to force the browser to a single, larger screen size without having to click the zoom, all will be good with the world.

This phone is AWESOME! It is BB #5 for me. Never have I sat for 12 hours straight, just playing with my berry!
    If you're using Opera Mini - you can try the "mobile view" under Options.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    sounds sweet ! getting mine tomorrow from Rogers. Keyboard is my only concern and how big it is... I have been VERY fond of my curve[s]

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Well, I guess I'll wait until at&t releases it and then play with one in the store to see if I really like it. My only concern is the large size.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    It's size of the 8800, it's not that big at all.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

PaRappa no está en línea Stack level 1
    Bought six of these today and set them up on our company BES...

Couple of random points:

1) I know it has been said, but it's worth saying again: Business users are being gouged! $30 for 6GB data plan for consumers vs $45 for 300MB data plan for business users on Rogers. Ridiculous.

2) Screen is as awesome as you've heard.

3) Surprising quality control issues out of the box: 4 out of 6 devices have very firm, quiet and responsive keyboards and track wheels. 2 out of 6 devices have considerably looser and noisier keyboards and track wheels. I would say that the keyboards on the latter devices are noticeably less pleasant to type with versus the other four. One device has a track wheel that tended to double click on single presses. Scary at first, but seems to have loosened up and appears to work normally now.

4) BES setup was a breeze.

5) Included holsters were a nice touch but they could have made them smaller.

6) Screen protectors are a must.

7) Device is on the big side but it doesn't feel big or seem big.

8) Textured battery cover is an excellent touch.

9) "Manage Connections" keeps everything in one place and WiFi setup is simple

10) The integration of everything I use into the OS is at once awesome and overwhelming: Facebook, MSN Messenger, YIM, Google Talk, Gmail, Hotmail, BB Messenger - everything has alerts and new message counts + ability to show messages in the main message list. Nuts.

So far so good.
    Last edited by PaRappa; 08-26-2008 at 09:45 PM.

jjgriss no está en línea Stack level 2
    Great info everyone. Keep the observations coming please ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    PaRappa you're right about Rogers. There's another post "Bold Buyers Beware" where the poster is blaming Blueharbor for costs they've been forced to pass on from Rogers...
    Last edited by Berryadict; 08-27-2008 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Edit

PaRappa no está en línea Stack level 1
    To continue from my previous post:

11) The Nuance 'self-programmed' voice dialing app (left side button's default function) is cool when it works, but waaaaay too inconsistent to be relied upon.

12) Feels much lighter than the 3G iPhone.

13) Is able to display HTML in emails from BIS accounts (Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, etc) but will not/cannot display HTML in emails from BES accounts. Makes NO sense at all! This is ridiculous and totally unacceptable, RIM.

14) Music playing from the built-in speaker fares well compared to that of the 3G iPhone.

15) The flash from the camera on my 9000 washes out skin tones... Have to compare this to other units to see if this is specific to my device.

Stay tuned...