I downloaded Google sync and had major problems with my contacts. Not only did it ... BlackBerry Bold forum

vinnyjr no está en línea Stack level 2

Google Sync

Advertisement

I downloaded Google sync and had major problems with my contacts. Not only did it foul them all up but it gave me one contact with about 165 repeats. Then every 4th or 5th contact was also repeated. Is there a way of using the calender sync without using the contact sync? I noticed during the set up you could check off contacts and calender to sync, if I just left the contacts unchecked would that solve the problem? I want to use my calender sync but not the contact sync.

jonesjj no está en línea Stack level 3
    I use google sync for my calendar only. Open google sync open options uncheck sync contacts.

vinnyjr no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks, great idea. I had deleted google synch. I redownloaded google synch and before I did a synch I set it up with no contacts. I like the idea of the contacts also but am afraid of the mess it made the last time. I have been reading about many horror shows from the contact synch. It seems to be a problem for many people. Hope they get it right.

acheron1377 no está en línea Stack level 1

Google Sync

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyjr View Post
    I downloaded Google sync and had major problems with my contacts. Not only did it foul them all up but it gave me one contact with about 165 repeats. Then every 4th or 5th contact was also repeated. Is there a way of using the calender sync without using the contact sync? I noticed during the set up you could check off contacts and calender to sync, if I just left the contacts unchecked would that solve the problem? I want to use my calender sync but not the contact sync.
    Vinny,

All you need to do is open google sync and hit the blackberry button then hit options. This will bring up the original setup screen. Hope this helps.

Wade