Has anyone else had this problem on the 9700? I have no approximate location showing ... BlackBerry Bold forum

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Google Maps 'My Location' not working at all w/o GPS on 9700

Advertisement

Has anyone else had this problem on the 9700? I have no approximate location showing up any-more since I started using Google Maps on the 9700 when GPS has not yet locked on. On my 8900, 8320, & 8100, I always got told the general vicinity of where I was as long as I had a data connection.

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928
    This happened to me when I first got my 9700. I think a couple of hours or like a day afterwards google map my location magically worked. I have no clue why that happens. Maybe you can try it again later.

QYV
    QYV no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23d492cc
    fwiw, I just got mine a couple hours ago. Seeing this thread reminded me to go get Google Maps, as soon as I fired it up it said it couldn't GPS my location (I assume because I'm in my office) and gave me the standard "your position within 100 meters" based on triangulation

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by QYV View Post
    fwiw, I just got mine a couple hours ago. Seeing this thread reminded me to go get Google Maps, as soon as I fired it up it said it couldn't GPS my location (I assume because I'm in my office) and gave me the standard "your position within 100 meters" based on triangulation
    It is that triangulation that is not working at all for me. The GPS works OK and takes over when it is within range of getting reception of the satellites. GPS would do me no good if I am in a spot that has cellular reception but no GPS reception, causing me to be concerned with this.

kendrick87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    216413F3
    I've had this same issue. The cellular tower triangulation DOES work if I put the network mode on 2G only, so I figure it must be a 3G kink that needs to be worked out. Try going to Options>Mobile Network and selecting "2G only" and see if it works.

blackberryzen no está en línea Stack level 1
    I thought I was the only one with issues with this. I went into options, and GPS, then Menu, and you can have the GPS find your location this way. Once I did that I had no problems using the GPS, also I noticed that where my storm would connect to satellites inside my house, by Bold is slow to recognize them.

tdadlani no está en línea Stack level 2
    Mine not working either

hybrid1976 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280C1909
    I was having that problem but after I refresh GPS, it normally works fine for me.

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    mine use to work fine, and lately it hasnt been working. im in jersey and it shows that im in NY for sum reason. i havent been to NY in months. it works with 2g...but who wants to settle for 2g when 3g is available.