Just got the 9700 and am setting up for Gmail. I'm having trouble with getting ... BlackBerry Bold forum

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3

Gmail Conversations

Advertisement

Just got the 9700 and am setting up for Gmail. I'm having trouble with getting the conversation view just right.

- If I get a single email, it correctly shows up.

- If I reply to this email from Gmail (on my PC) - sometimes nothing shows up on the BB (not sure if it's supposed to be this way). Other times I get a blank email in the list

- When the person replies back, instead of their name, the message list just shows the number of threads. When I open it up though, I see the name correctly.

Is all this just how it's supposed to be? I check my options and "Hide sent messages" says no. I have the Enhanced Gmail Plug-In, but the only options it gives me is # of lines to display.

Should I just delete this box and resend it? I only set it up a few hours ago!

I thought I'd seen this topic covered before but couldn't find anything in a search.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    This is the way the Enhanced Gmail Plug-In works. It shows messages in threads (which clusters them together).

All emails from the same person (sent and received) will be together. If you get to your regular mail icon, you will see it the "traditional" way.

The other option you may want to consider is to delete the enhanced gmail application from your phone and go back to just using the regular mail.

And to answer the question, you don't have to resend the message, it most likely got sent. Check the regular mail icon to make sure a check mark is present next to the message you have just sent.

Hope this helps... Cheers!

Right, I'm not talking about the grouping per se. But when it does group, it supposed to replace the sender's name with just the number of replies? When I receive a new email, it shows 2 lines with sender and subject like this:

Joe Blow
    Hello

When I reply back, I thought it would show:

Joe Blow (2 items)
    Hello

Instead it shows this:

(2 items)
    Hello

-- it replaces the sender's name with the number of items. If I open that message thread, then I get the list of messages which include the sender's name. I thought that was odd. There is plenty of room in the line to show the sender's name along with the number of entries in the thread. That's what I'm trying to figure out - is it just the way it's set up?

Sorry - when I said "resend" - I meant resend the service book! Should have been more clear.

Thanks for your reply.
    Last edited by NickAC; 03-02-2010 at 03:01 PM.

One of my friends has a Bold 9000 and tried this out. Apparently this is just how the Gmail plug-in works right now. When you get more than one email and it groups them, for some reason it just removes the sender's name and replaces it with the thread count. Maybe they'll fix it as part of BIS 3.0