Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Alright my PinStack folks, im getting my Bold 9700 tomorrow and I want to upgrade ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jeffpettis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!

Getting new Bold Tomorrow, OS upgrade question

Advertisement

Alright my PinStack folks, im getting my Bold 9700 tomorrow and I want to upgrade to OS 5.0. I was wondering which OS build to go to that is stable and problem free? And also where to DL it at. Thanks again.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    the 9700 already has 5.0 on it. Im still running the stock 5.0.0.296 and it is running perfectly. I read all the time about the latest, greatest new update, but in reality they are only very minute tweaks of the stock OS.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

maevro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21671C22
    I started with 5.0.296 and went to .405 and have been just as happy as I was, maybe even more. Gonna try out .445 and see what thats like. Chokem is right tho, you will be happy with the stock OS that the 9700 ships with out of the box.

PIN/ID
    PM me!
    wow, i didnt know that. Well i guess i will stay with that then. Thanks chokem

PIN/ID
    PM me!
    how about the battery life on the stock os?

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    what carrier are you getting the device for? if att batt life is good, if your getting it on t mobile is amazing and if you go straight to 5.0.0.545 that is ridiculously insane way better then anything
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

maevro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21671C22
    Im happy with the battery life on AT&T plus im using Seidio's extended battery that fits OEM.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffpettis View Post
    how about the battery life on the stock os?
    Im a fairly heavy data user, and I get two full days on my battery.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Get to know your device and how it acts before considering ANY OS upgrade... and get to know how to monitor your background apps (hold down the Menu button for a couple seconds, scroll left and right)... there are basically 5 apps: Home, Phone, Messenger, Messages, Browser, and in some cases: Visual Voice Mail... if you see anything else you are not closing it properly, or you want it to run all the time and use your battery quicker.

And when you're ready to upgrade your OS, read as much as possible about how to upgrade and read as much as possible about that new OS and what issues it might have... basically they all about the same when it comes to battery life, so don't believe all the hype about better battery life each time a new OS comes out.

PIN/ID
    PM me!
    thanks alot peeps! just got it in today and it looks sweet! I think im gunna test drive the stock OS before I decide to upgrade. thanks again!

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffpettis View Post
    thanks alot peeps! just got it in today and it looks sweet! I think im gunna test drive the stock OS before I decide to upgrade. thanks again!
    Enjoy... it's a great device!!!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    congrats on the new 9700. Great choice and great device. I'm like others in the opinion of using the current build on the device as delivered. If it's not broken don't fix it.

I never upgrade anything unless the upgrade has something I need. Most of the time there is no benefit and often it causes more issues. So just enjoy the awesome new device before tearing it up with OS experiments.

PIN/ID
    nada
    I never upgrade anything unless the upgrade has something I need. Most of the time there is no benefit and often it causes more issues. So just enjoy the awesome new device before tearing it up with OS experiments.

Exactly my point-good advice!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Eh, y'all are wimps.

I can't help myself. I'm an upgrade-a-holic. Doing it as I type this.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Good luck with your device. Try to keep your bb low key by not adding any crazy themes because it might cause your bb to run a little laggy and/or crash. Try to run as
    any backups as possible to save you grief the day you lose your phone or let's say it crashes. Just sharing some tips from someone who always used to not have backups for when my bb crashed and died on me. LoL. Once again good luck with your device, the 9700 is a solid BB and the best to date if I might add from RIM's line of products
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast